Bluey and Red Foot Tortie...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
AneesasMuse
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 1:22 pm
Country:
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Bluey and Red Foot Tortie...

Postby AneesasMuse » Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm

I have a young'ish Red Foot rescue... Joob... and she has free range of "her" garden in the back. Once I get my little Bluey kidlet, will it be okay to let them hang out together back there? The Bluey will be supervised at first... 'til s/he gets about a foot or so.. but after that, will it be okay to just let them do their thing in the same 20' x 8' space?

It's planted especially for "Edible" purposes... complete with a swimming pool and basking areas, too.

Thanks!
~Aminah


P.s. I'm gettin' a Bluey!! :ohyes:
"Lots of people talk to animals. Not that many listen though. That's the problem."
- Piglet
User avatar
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 259
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am
Country:
Location: Southwest VA

Postby Shellyjean » Mon May 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Well I don't know about any of that stuff of putting them together, I wouldn't see why not unless it's an attack tortie, lol.

What I REALLY want to know is WHAT bluey, WHEN??? Can't wait for pics!
Avatars are like shoes to me. Even though I can only wear one pair at a time, I always have a closet full!
User avatar
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 3230
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:10 am
Country:
Location: South Eastern Victoria, Australia.

Postby Blotch » Mon May 28, 2007 7:58 pm

I wouldn't.
~|=|>-

"you want what!? where!?"

2.1.0 T.S. Intermedia (Kimberleys)
1.0 T.S. Intermedia (N.T.)
6.0.3 T. Nigrolutea (VIC Lowlands)
3.1.11 T. Scincoides (VIC & NSW)
User avatar
evil pixie
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:05 pm
Country:
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Postby evil pixie » Mon May 28, 2007 8:14 pm

It's never really a good idea to mix reptiles, ya never know. I used to work at a place that had a red-footed tort., every once in a while we'd feed him a mouse.... that was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen :hurl: , but he at every bit of that mouse. So i guess the moral of the story is to never assume.
The Humane Society took Michael Vick's pit bulls, asked for public money to help them, then decided it would be best to kill them... adopt from No Kill shelters http://www.roas.petfinder.com

•Blue - Northern BTS
•Severus - Silver Tanny
•Cheyenne - Pit Bull/Lab
•Sunny - Pit Bull/Beagle
•Gryffin & Tucker - Kitties
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I wouldn't, I have seen several red-foots come through my friends tort rescue and they have nipped at her iguana who was sunning himself...IMO, I would never mix species, there is just too many different variables.
User avatar
AneesasMuse
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 1:22 pm
Country:
Location: SF Bay Area
Contact:

Postby AneesasMuse » Tue May 29, 2007 2:04 am

Thanks Everyone! This is exactly why I asked here. :)

I'm not an advocate for mixing species... not at all... but I wanted to be sure. They will each have their own allotted time in the garden, then.

Btw, I don't feed Joob mice or very much in the way of meat, at all. When I was asked to intervene, she was ONLY eating dead goldfish and dead waxworms... the smell alone was GROSS. She gets the occasional silkie and I give her a high quality kibble (rehydrated) once a week... otherwise, she's a veggie fruit head :D

~Aminah
"Lots of people talk to animals. Not that many listen though. That's the problem."

- Piglet

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 211 guests