i know, O.T, but just look (act interested!)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
NomadOfTheHills
The Scout
The Scout
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm
Country:

Postby NomadOfTheHills » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:12 pm

I always thought other pets tended to be acceptable OT threads. When did that change?
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:26 pm

NomadOfTheHills wrote:I always thought other pets tended to be acceptable OT threads. When did that change?



Since the new regime took over.
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Chase wrote:
NomadOfTheHills wrote:I always thought other pets tended to be acceptable OT threads. When did that change?



Since the new regime took over.



Appearently it's not too much of a problem as this thread (and Matt's other thread) has not been locked and I know Zach has been told about it.
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 pm

No offense to zach(actually yes, offense to zach), but he is notoriously bad about enforcing off topic rules. He had to hire Kyle to be a watchdog. :roll:

This is Zach > :blueyboy: "Oh, cmon guys, just stop it"

:rofl:
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Chase wrote:No offense to zach(actually yes, offense to zach), but he is notoriously bad about enforcing off topic rules. He had to hire Kyle to be a watchdog. :roll:

This is Zach > :blueyboy: "Oh, cmon guys, just stop it"

:rofl:


:godhelp: Everyone is always so hard on Zach, I mean really he's human too, err I guess a cicada is an insect (even a great one) but still they buzz real loud right, it could scare some people into good behavior but I suppose most just ignore it.

A constant barrage of puns ala Kyle will make most people sit up and laugh, err...uh...yeah guess that don't work so well either.

Hey why don't we all just ignore OT Threads, oh wait tried that one right...Uh guess I'm out of ideas, NEXT! :lol:

Don't mind me I'm in a weird mood, again.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 am

Chase wrote: He had to hire Kyle to be a watchdog. :roll:



Arf? Where's my money? :hehe:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:59 am

KyleWeiss wrote:
Chase wrote: He had to hire Kyle to be a watchdog. :roll:



Arf? Where's my money? :hehe:

KW


Hmm hire, bad word....Ask...?
User avatar
bluetonguemad
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Country:
Location: New Zealand, windy wellington

Postby bluetonguemad » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:28 am

or force under pain of torture, man, it takes me just over an hour to do my snake neckeds tank, and thats with cleaning the rocks and changing the water and possibly cleaning the filter if it needs it
"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 pm

Chase wrote:
KyleWeiss wrote:
Chase wrote: He had to hire Kyle to be a watchdog. :roll:



Arf? Where's my money? :hehe:

KW


Hmm hire, bad word....Ask...?


:leftout: I knew I shouldn't have signed that contract...

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:01 pm

bluetonguemad wrote:or force under pain of torture, man, it takes me just over an hour to do my snake neckeds tank, and thats with cleaning the rocks and changing the water and possibly cleaning the filter if it needs it


You are doing something wrong! LOL Get a python...not the snake, a vacumm that drains the tank, only drain about 1/2 the tank a week, and rinse the filter media. Other then that leave it alone...it will get nasty but then the good bacteria will build up and eat the bad stuff! I have a tank I have never cleaned all the way...been up more then a year. Just like fish tanks the water needs to cycle and build up the good stuff, can take a week or up to 6 weeks to do so....fight the urge to clean it, it will get better.
User avatar
Kioka
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Country:
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Postby Kioka » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:36 pm

Haha. I don't even use a python for my aquariums.... I have a mad scientist's mind and designed automatic water changer that run on a timer. However I haven't done it on a large scale beyond 20G though.

Anyway, why not make an Off-Topic forum? Every other forum has one...

I can't say much about turtles, the only ones I am interested in are small tortoises like the Russian or Greek and the Fly River Turtle.
I have been denied of reptiles for 20 years, and I am busting out of the Parental Asylum!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 244 guests