New carpet...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

Kyle

Postby aggiegirl » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Kyle, if you routinely fix crepes and potstickers, I'm coming for a visit!
Mom, you must get laminate floors. They are much more kid/animal friendly! My daughter picked a scab and bled all over ours as soon as we put them in. Just wipe them up! No nasty fumes either. Very cool!
Nomad, find an excuse to post pix of your baby! Love snake pictures! We are carpooling a pretty (rehomed) albino corn snake from Houston to Austin over the holidays. I told the recipient that was fine if we don't have to feed him! :lol:
User avatar
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW, Australia

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:09 pm

Carpet and furniture comes already scotch-guarded here, so if it's harmful to lizards then mine don't know it yet!
If you're going to use it from scratch I'd just make sure you follow the directions and once it's dried and aired then I think it will be fine.

It's like paint and stains and lacquers. They smell alot when they're fresh but give them a few days and they're hunky dory.

Or carpet cleaners. I've used spot cleaners and store hired steam cleaners which have lots of chemicals, but I just keep them off it for a few days.
I only have two rooms carpeted, the rest is either floorboards or tile. Give me carpet anyday!!
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests