Sunny making grunting sounds

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:58 pm

lol that is too cute, he does sound like an elephant with a stuffy nose.
Pippi
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm

I think he farted........ :oops:
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Twice?

He makes it from his mouth or nose!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 am

Skink farts definitly sound like whooshes of air or little poots from their butt. :lol:
Or it could sound like Leigh's Nan getting up from the couch, I dunno. :)

It sounds to me like Sunny's whining and saying,
"Uhhhhhhnnnnn. . .Put me Dowwwwnnnnn. . . Uhhhhhhhnnnnnggggg.... Leggo ....."

I still think its the cutest noise I've ever heard a lizard make though.
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff
0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley
0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes
3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female
7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!
0.1.0 Leachie, Francis
1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox
1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids
1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:14 pm

SailleSkinklover wrote:I still think its the cutest noise I've ever heard a lizard make though.


I think it's the only vocal noise I've heard from a lizard.. except on Jurassic Park.
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Poor Russman, you've never heard a gecko meow or bark? My white lined is a cranky little dragon, and he'll squeal like an angry cat if I look at him for too long!
Tokays are crazy loud when they're looking for a girlfriend. . . :D
But for a Bluey to make noise? Soooooo Cute! :cloud9:
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff

0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley

0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes

3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female

7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!

0.1.0 Leachie, Francis

1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox

1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids

1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
boonaen
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:27 pm
Country:

Postby boonaen » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:30 pm

odd... :shock:
User avatar
megaabel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:28 pm
Country:
Location: Portland, Or

Postby megaabel » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:18 pm

I can't wait till Watson gets big... I wonder if he'll make noises as he gets bigger... I always hear him puffing.. but your sounds are so cool! It sounds so squeaky clean! :)

like the rubbing off his skin onto your hand were making the sound like a inflated balloon against glass

how cool!
my sugar is raw sticky and sweet
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:05 pm

russman wrote:
SailleSkinklover wrote:I still think its the cutest noise I've ever heard a lizard make though.


I think it's the only vocal noise I've heard from a lizard.. except on Jurassic Park.



I think it's more of a nasal sound than a vocal sound....sort of like an extended sneeze. :freaks:

Of course, has anyone seen or heard a REAL hiss? Not the fast exhale! My old freakish tanny video shows that baby hissing for real.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
ktaylor
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:06 pm
Country:
Location: NA

Postby ktaylor » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:22 pm

Zach wrote:
russman wrote:
SailleSkinklover wrote:I still think its the cutest noise I've ever heard a lizard make though.


I think it's the only vocal noise I've heard from a lizard.. except on Jurassic Park.



I think it's more of a nasal sound than a vocal sound....sort of like an extended sneeze. :freaks:

Of course, has anyone seen or heard a REAL hiss? Not the fast exhale! My old freakish tanny video shows that baby hissing for real.

I haven't heard Sophie actually hiss. But at my work there are little geckos that do. Its interesting :puzzled:
Karen Taylor
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:32 pm

I've gotten some hisses from Trikks, and they were just so cute. He's even bit me a few time, doing absolutely no damage. Pryce also hissed at being picked up in the pet store, the lady was so scared she just carried the tank to the front so I could take the angry lizard out ^.^ That was his only hiss though, and even Trikks seems to be calming down. I always find it funny how my calmest skink is my silver tanny :D
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:33 pm

I'd have to find it, but there was a vid on Youtube and some idiot guy was basically abusing a Bluey to get it to display and hiss at him.
Whotta Jerk! I felt so bad for that Bluey, it just wanted to get away and the guy kept charging at it to make it defensive. :nono:
I'll try and find it and post the link if you guys want to see it.
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff

0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley

0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes

3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female

7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!

0.1.0 Leachie, Francis

1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox

1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids

1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:35 am

I remember an old video of a dog messing with a bluey, biting it and throwing around....so many people complained to services from here it's probably gone...

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Zach, Pryce made the balloon noise! I was picking him up and he tried to walk off my arm, then flailed and made the noise! It sounded just like Sunny's noises from the video! Boy did it suprise me. As soon as he was back on my arm the noises stopped, but I knew I had to come post about it ^.^ Maybe these 2 have something in common? I know Pryce has some odd habits that I attribute to his old life, such as breathing or sleeping with his mouth open and his tongue sticking out a little bit. He's been checked for a RI, he doesn't have one, it's just something he does. Does Sunny have any odd skink habits?
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:15 pm

What the heck? I made a post on this thread earlier today and now it's gone.... :shock:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:56 am

EVERYTHING in all posts I answered yesterday has GONE.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
herp boy
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:18 pm
Country:
Contact:

Postby herp boy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:13 am

ya
sounds like she is gasping for air lol
-Michael
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
KyleWeiss wrote:PETA demonstrators love three-day-old warm hamburger fed through a leaf blower showered all over them.

I'm not positive how I know this.

KW
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:56 am

This post was much more fun with the making fun of Zach posts!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:30 pm

I agree 110% Jenn. Maybe we should just randomly make fun on him to make up for it?
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Definetly!!!









Zach, looks funny!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 262 guests