OFF-TOPIC THREAD 8

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:26 am

Thanx Marie , Ill have a pint of guiness 4 every ones cool talents Image












Cool Skinks in Vic. I brought a rare book on western aussie skinks today, over 300 types..insane stuff
Thnx
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Arkangel
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am
Country:
Location: Jersey Devil Pinelands

Postby Arkangel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:34 am

Thanks Marie!

Wish us luck on Sunday. Looks like another rainy day for the St. Patrick's Day parade. Philadelphia celebrates it early so you get a week of celebrating before the actual holiday. My mom's birthday was on St. Patrick's Day, so it is going to be tough on me this year. Brie will be dancing for my mom in the parade and I'll be looking for the rainbow when the sun comes out.

Beannachtam na Femle Padraig
"Happy St. Patrick's Day!"

Image


Image
Kristine
Bluebird Acres Farm
Barnyard Banter and Rocket Science blog

Artemis on MySpace


When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
Cree Prophecy.
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:07 am

Yeah for the green and new saint patty's day stuff!!!!! Now we just need a new background! :wink:
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Beccalynn
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:10 pm
Country:
Location: virginia
Contact:

Postby Beccalynn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am

ST. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday.

I love anything to do with Ireland though. :D
tc,
Beccalynn


0.0.1 Irian Jaya - Tanzi
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 am

Arrr to be sure to be sure .Look what i found today , One of australia,s weiredest blue tongue,s a common scaly foot ..Large heavy built legless ,skink .That turn on an act as a snake ..Have a go at her big eye,s Found her in karragullen, the ladie sprayed her with fly spray, a whole tin , cause it looked like a snake ..But its on the evolotion tree a much older blue tongue , and can show agression like a snake ...Wonderfull if it lives

http://www.pbase.com/image/27587326
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:12 pm

Jenn wrote:Yeah for the green and new saint patty's day stuff!!!!! Now we just need a new background! :wink:



There's been a clover background since it all went up! Your's is slow too... :hehe: Refresh a ton of times! Or try clearing your cache, or use firefox...


Kris, I LOVE that picture!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Yere all the best on the day Mate . It is a top picture . hope the weather is kind to your family .
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:45 pm

Zach wrote:
Jenn wrote:Yeah for the green and new saint patty's day stuff!!!!! Now we just need a new background! :wink:



There's been a clover background since it all went up! Your's is slow too... :hehe: Refresh a ton of times! Or try clearing your cache, or use firefox...


Kris, I LOVE that picture!


I see it now!!! I was on at school and I've never had a problem with everything popping right up new like I did at home.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Reptile Rascals
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Country:
Location: Between Ottawa and Montreal
Contact:

Postby Reptile Rascals » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:16 pm

I haven't been here for a couple days but just thought I'd popp in and read some threads. ;)
I love the St. Pattie's graphics! Way cool!!

Image

Cheers to all!!

I will have to remember and call my Aunt Pat on the 17th. ;) Her birthday. :)
Reptile Rascals.
www.reptilerascals.com
4.5.1 northern blueys: Peter, Dundee, Zach, Fred, Bianca, Lani, Ciara, Cocoa, Holly, Rascal.:
0.2 Irian jaya :Penelope, dora.: R.I.P. Jerrid.
1.1 Kei Islands :Mortimer, Kalista.:
+ a house full of other reptiles!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Ok, this is OT, and I didn't want to start another thread so Im just going to ask in here.. how the heck do you get to the 'hidden forum'? Its probably nothing special, but man I've been looking and can't find any secret buttons. uggh, im a loser.
User avatar
bluetonguemad
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Country:
Location: New Zealand, windy wellington

Postby bluetonguemad » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:45 pm

that is slightly.....lol
"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55 am

russman wrote:Ok, this is OT, and I didn't want to start another thread so Im just going to ask in here.. how the heck do you get to the 'hidden forum'? Its probably nothing special, but man I've been looking and can't find any secret buttons. uggh, im a loser.


Psst...click on the pic of the bluey at the top of the sidebar, above the word 'northern'.

But don't tell anyone. ;) :D
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Tigergenesis » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:43 am

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:
russman wrote:Ok, this is OT, and I didn't want to start another thread so Im just going to ask in here.. how the heck do you get to the 'hidden forum'? Its probably nothing special, but man I've been looking and can't find any secret buttons. uggh, im a loser.


Psst...click on the pic of the bluey at the top of the sidebar, above the word 'northern'.

But don't tell anyone. ;) :D


If/when the main site has problems you can go to the hidden forum to post. so be sure to bookmark it.
Image

0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:54 am

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:Psst...click on the pic of the bluey at the top of the sidebar, above the word 'northern'.

Ooooorrrrr ... you could just say the magic words, which is what all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

:edward:
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:34 am

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

Holy crap, this was good....the whole theatre was cheering.

Image

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:07 am

Edward wrote:
mouseinamilkbottle wrote:Psst...click on the pic of the bluey at the top of the sidebar, above the word 'northern'.

Ooooorrrrr ... you could just say the magic words, which is what all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

:edward:


I guess I'm just not as cool as you, Edward. :nerd: 8)
Ruth

--------



Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:10 am

:dork:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:26 am
Country:
Location: Kurri Kurri, NSW, Australia

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:20 am

Zach wrote::dork:


That's me!

I was never one of the cool kids. I was a library monitor through all my high school years. :ohyes:

Got to get all the new books when they came in, got two weeks off class at the end of the year to help with stock take, and I helped with the yearbook too. :nerd:

Oh, and yes, I got bullied. A lot. The losers used to pick on me. :roll:
Ruth

--------



Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:23 am

:revenge:

That's ok. I was a mega nerd, too.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:31 am

LET'S HEAR IT FOR MEGA-NERDS BECAUSE WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL!!! :banana2:
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 185 guests