How do you not get more?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Mine aren't my only animals so I can't have ten. I also have the turtle and lepard gecko home or the summer and the cats (my three plus the four I'm fostering!) My dad is so happy I live in myown house!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm

Jenn wrote:Mine aren't my only animals so I can't have ten. I also have the turtle and lepard gecko home or the summer and the cats (my three plus the four I'm fostering!) My dad is so happy I live in my own house!


Even if i had 2-3 animals in our house my dad would be greatful if i lived in my own! :lol:

:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:13 am

With 33 turtles and tortioses, 2 1/2 iguanas, 2 bunnies and a bird getting another skink would be fitting...just not right to have only one! LOL

But adding another animal would be the hard part, we arunning out of room! LOL
User avatar
Kioka
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Country:
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Postby Kioka » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:45 pm

Well... I know what I will be doing when I get my own house.

Convert the basement into herpland! My future family can live off the rabbits breeding in the backyard and vegetable garden. All the salary will be going toward the herps!

Now if only that dream can be carried out without the girlfriend, or wife, nagging. :wink:
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:00 pm

You have to find a wife or girlfriend who is into the same thing as you. :) Works like a dream!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:01 pm

In order to prevent myself from getting more I hid all my money from myself.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Good one, Chase....... :nono:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Chase
Suave Sage
Suave Sage
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:22 pm
Country:

Postby Chase » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:16 pm

Zach wrote:Good one, Chase....... :nono:


Thanks, I'd return the compliment but you're a fool.
User avatar
Kioka
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Country:
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Postby Kioka » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:36 pm

Zach wrote:You have to find a wife or girlfriend who is into the same thing as you. :) Works like a dream!


I can easily find someone who is into the same thing, it is a different story when it come to how much you spend on it.

I know a bachelor that spend all his time to his herps and inverts, and live off the bare minimum for himself. No electronics, just an old cellphone and a computer. No source of entertainment beside his hobby and his guitar. :lol:

Probably the same thing will happen to me. :|
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:43 pm

:|

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:47 pm

Chase wrote:In order to prevent myself from getting more I hid all my money from myself.


:rofl:


:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy

*1 Cockatiel, Baylee

*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles

*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.

*f.C Photography

*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
kvega92
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 am
Country:
Location: Frederick, Maryland

Postby kvega92 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:13 am

I already want another one I know it is so hard. I want to get another but I will when the time is right. you know when you are ready.
Love till the ends of your fingertips.
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 am

There highly addictive in many forms
:P
There isnt zyban or naltrexone out yet but gee , ya get cant get a tolarance to them ..lol just bigger cages and pits , its futile going cold turkey isnt advised :shock:
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:04 am

Kioka wrote:
Zach wrote:You have to find a wife or girlfriend who is into the same thing as you. :) Works like a dream!


I can easily find someone who is into the same thing, it is a different story when it come to how much you spend on it.

I know a bachelor that spend all his time to his herps and inverts, and live off the bare minimum for himself. No electronics, just an old cellphone and a computer. No source of entertainment beside his hobby and his guitar. :lol:

Probably the same thing will happen to me. :|


animals ARE a source of entertainment! Probably the best kind of entertainment I know.
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:06 am

I definetly agree!!! The cats and I can watch the lizards forever, plus the cats are pretty amusing too!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Kioka
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Country:
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

Postby Kioka » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:15 am

His hobby is based on herps. :lol:

I don't know about you guys, but I got quite an extensive wish list for the bare minimum of what I want. :lol:

From all the videos on BTS, they do look addicting.
I have been denied of reptiles for 20 years, and I am busting out of the Parental Asylum!
Tiffany
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Country:
Location: Orlando Florida

Postby Tiffany » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:47 pm

The other half tolerates my animal issues. He does build cages and is working on HIS third iguana. ANd he does buy me turtles and stuff every b-day, christmas etc. I think this year I am going to ask for another bluey....or a jeweled lacerta...those are soooo pretty! LOL Just doing some research now!
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Anything is better than owning 6,000 ferrets. Vile creatures. Anyone catch that show on PBS about freaky ferret people? I'll take a ton of skinks any day.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:33 am

Ferrets smell. No matter what. :dead:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:52 am

Zach wrote:Ferrets smell. No matter what. :dead:


Thats true! 8)
*1 Dog, mitsy

*1 Cockatiel, Baylee

*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles

*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.

*f.C Photography

*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 260 guests