My new/first skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:06 pm

Remember it sometimes takes a bluey a little while to settle in and get comfertable. I've found that with some of my more timid blueys adding fake plants and plenty of hides help. They come out more because they feel more secure.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

lucky you!

Postby aggiegirl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Sounds like you have a pretty cool mom! Now that she has bought the bluey, you can spend more on a bigger tank, temp gun, etc. He is handsome and looks healthy. Glad he is eating well. Just be patient and keep handling him! Sounds like you are doing a great job! Keep it up and keep us posted!
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:18 pm

Jenn wrote:Remember it sometimes takes a bluey a little while to settle in and get comfertable. I've found that with some of my more timid blueys adding fake plants and plenty of hides help. They come out more because they feel more secure.


I bought him some plants and a hide log, and you're right. He's out ALOT more. He is climbing over everything and exploring. :thumbs:
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney
0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky
1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco
User avatar
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:03 pm
Country:
Location: Philippines

Postby Drew » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:52 pm

post more pics! glad that he eating and doing well
** true blooded Filipino herper!!! **
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:57 pm

Its funny how sometimes these guys just come to you, Its like they choose you instead of you choosing them, through whatever actions of the universe! (like Moms, and friends of friends!) Anyways, congrats on Rodney, he's a beauty, and I love that he's got possessed red eyes. :twisted:

I'm sure his personality is sweet as pie though. Hooray for rescued Skinkies! More pics soon?
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:43 am

I find that mine seems to daydream about coming out of his tank, i go to see him and he's sat there looking quite bored then when he realises that I'm going to be there for more than a quick check up he gets well excited and very active, and pesters to be let out, I usually oblige and he's loves it. They all have there own little traits ,thats what makes them the great pets they are.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Ill take some pics in a little bit. I am gonna get my sisters good camera and take some good ones. Yeah its strage how things work like that. Rodney is scared when I open the top, so I pet him to try to calm him. Once he is out he is pretty good. He always try to crawl away, but he's been getting better.
0.0.1 Irian Jaya- Rodney

0.0.1 Columbian Boa- Spanky

1.0.0 Dumeril Boa- Rocco

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 229 guests