OFF-TOPIC THREAD 10

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:03 am

Zach posted the Sassy/Slurpy babies, and I'm gettin two of them TOMORROW! BOOOOOOYAAAAAH!!!!!

Oh, and one of them has a bowtie nose.. boooonus! Pictures will come tomorrow night.
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:07 am

Luce,
I am soooo glad for you that you have a happy Simon all home safe and sound. Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't be straying outside again any time soon! Rowr!
Silly Moggy.
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Man this is like Christmas.. I feel like I should go to bed early so the morning comes quicker... can't wait for these babies!
User avatar
SkinkysMom
Righteous Rex
Righteous Rex
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 am
Country:
Location: Fl

Postby SkinkysMom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:15 pm

russman wrote:Man this is like Christmas.. I feel like I should go to bed early so the morning comes quicker... can't wait for these babies!


I know how you feel :lol:
Mine is coming wednesday.
I chose Hickory, and have decided to rename her Cariño.
Last edited by SkinkysMom on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.0.1 Rex & Cariño - Irian Jaya Blue Tongue
1.0.0 Vanilla - Northern
1.0.0 Raptor - Tanimbar
1.0.0 Kilowatt - Indonesian
1.0.0 Olive - Merauke

0.0.1 Schniders Skink - Skinky
1.0.0 Ball Python - NocE (knock E)
0.1.0 Creamsicle Corn - Dreamsicle
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:31 pm

My girlfriend chose Bella and is going to keep the name and I chose Bo, and I'm renaming him to Tybo (bowtie backwards - kinda).

I can't stinkin wait!! Pictures will come soon after.. and I just got a new macro lens!!! Can't wait to photograph my new subjects.
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:55 am

Any of you Aussies into bike racing,more to the point The MotoGP,one of your guys is just blitzing it at the moment, Casey Stoner,he will be world champ this year without a doubt,that Ducatti he's on is a missile, and Chris Vermuelen will be there or there abouts on his Suzuki.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:39 am

russman wrote:My girlfriend chose Bella and is going to keep the name and I chose Bo, and I'm renaming him to Tybo (bowtie backwards - kinda).

I can't stinkin wait!! Pictures will come soon after.. and I just got a new macro lens!!! Can't wait to photograph my new subjects.



:ohyes:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:56 pm

since there was some recent posting of spiders, i thought i would post a pic of my A. versicolor. My roommates moved back in and the one has a much nicer camera than mine. So here is a picture of the guy.

Image

what do the "spider experts" think of its abdomen? I think it is a little small. I am going to increase his prey size or feed multiple prey.
Brad
User avatar
Reptscue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:56 pm
Country:
Location: SW FL

Postby Reptscue » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:03 pm

The abdomen doen't look bad... you dont' want him to look like he'll pop.

Here are some new buys from Daytona....
Metallic Pink toe
Image
Brazilian Salmon Pink
Image
Mexican Fire Leg
Image
Suntiger
Image
If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing!
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:47 pm

Awesome little guys (or girls)! I love the suntigers. I think my next one will be some sort of ornamental. they are awesome looking.
Brad
User avatar
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW, Australia

Postby Lisa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Leigh wrote:Any of you Aussies into bike racing,more to the point The MotoGP,one of your guys is just blitzing it at the moment, Casey Stoner,he will be world champ this year without a doubt,that Ducatti he's on is a missile, and Chris Vermuelen will be there or there abouts on his Suzuki.


Yes, he should have it all wrapped up before they hit Phillip Island in October. He's done a fantastic job keeping ahead of Rossi. I know the Ducatti's a package and a half, but still, to beat Rossi is like beating Schumacher or Senna. You wouldn't know it to look at him, but. He looks about 10 years old!

I'm more into cars, but was a huge fan of Wayne Gardner when I was a kid. Most kids used to have posters of popstars on their walls, but I used to have people like Gardner, Steve Waugh, Viv Richards, Craig Johnstone (...starting to show my age here :oops: )
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:16 pm

yay for spider pics!!! :clap:

The versi abdomen looks fine. Based on the coloring, your versi isn't an adult yet and is still working on getting the prey to grow bigger. The abdomen growth will come later.

My versi just molted into a mature female. I'm currently looking for a boyfriend for her. (I have never tried to breed spiders before so I'm more than a little nervous)

I have 3 suntigers now! They are so cute. I was changing their cages the other day and one jumped out and ran for cover. It took me forever to figure out what fold of my jeans he had taken refuge in. I'm up to 37 Ts, 11 true spiders and a black widow eggsac! I love spiders! :love:
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Man, I love having my roommates camera! Here are some pics of my crestie gang.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Brad
User avatar
russman
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
Country:
Location: Russell, PA USA

Postby russman » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:45 pm

Haha, love the eye-licking picture!
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:40 pm

those are some sweet looking cresties.
Pippi
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:14 pm

Those cresties are really cute! How easy is it to care for them/what kind of temps and size cage do they need? I hear that they are quite "handleable" and easy to tame for geckos, and I just love their little goofy grins! (my skunk gecko Tiny Dragon is a wild little bugger, but he's so cute! I love the way geckos run!)
User avatar
bluetonguemad
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Country:
Location: New Zealand, windy wellington

Postby bluetonguemad » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:41 am

awesome cresteds man, and those spiders look awesome to...

thats two cars down now *shudders at luck* grrr...
"whats that little voice? you want to jump?"ÿes matt i want to jump""jump where voice?""right into your pocket of magical dreams":P
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:56 am

[quote="Reptscue"]The abdomen doen't look bad... you dont' want him to look like he'll pop.

Here are some new buys from Daytona....
Metallic Pink toe
Image

Hey man those feet look on fire, very impressive :o


LISACraig Johnstone :rofl: Have you got a mullet fetish or what?Thats a hall of fame worthy of any sports fans wall, or did you have alteria motives :scratch:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:44 am

russman wrote:Haha, love the eye-licking picture!


That one is my favorite too!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:23 am

Thanks guys.

Saille-Cresties are by far the easiest lizard to keep, IMO. They just require room temperature, 70-78 degrees, misting 2 times a day (morning and night), and all you have to feed them is a powder you mix with water. It is complete and do not need to supplement with anything. They have a great temperament. As far as holding, they dont like to sit in one place for too long, but still not bad to handle. I highly recommend them.

Jenn- I like the new avatar!
Brad

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 161 guests