OFF-TOPIC THREAD 9

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Re: crested

Postby Tigergenesis » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:18 pm

aggiegirl wrote:No way! So if I get a crested gecko, I get a free pass on a giant millipede. What an awesome deal! My middle daughter wanted one anyhow and my husband won't realize if he is stowed away in the CG's cage!!! How about millipede interactions with other prey items (roaches, crickets, etc.) I realize the millipede is an herbivore/decomposer but will other prey foods attack him. I'm going to look at the CG tomorrow. I will brag if I do get him. Sounds like I'll need to get that book too. Thanks all!!!


LOL. I would imagine that at the most the millipede might use his stinky defenses on other prey if they bother him.
Image

0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Justin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:42 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby Justin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:13 pm

Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

You are almost half way there!!!


1.0.0-Irian Jaya- "Layla"
0.0.2 Northern- "Buster" & "Charlie"
0.1.0-Pug-"Toby"
1.0.0-Bearded Dragon-"Figzy"
User avatar
Justin
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:42 pm
Country:
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby Justin » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

You are almost half way there!!!


1.0.0-Irian Jaya- "Layla"
0.0.2 Northern- "Buster" & "Charlie"
0.1.0-Pug-"Toby"
1.0.0-Bearded Dragon-"Figzy"
User avatar
DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 pm
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby DeadEye » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Hey i just found this cool thing ..It keeps the wife and kids quiet for hours :lol: http://www.iwin.com/download/1734257266 ... pshot-game

Your on a CGI computer generated Island ...lol :wink: Now you will get nuffin done , looking looking ,Then snap a picture of a bird these are two i just found :P Image
Image


Now iam going fishing while the wife and little bloke make avatars , and look for animals to get a snap of.that bird ..Not easy ...A mate of mine from Wyoming often said when he came here Gawd d.a.m Ian, get a snap of that sucker ! :lol: Enjoy My sick mums playing it :) And something for my Aussie mate,s Spring time is comming this is neat its a girly thing IMO ..Happy Springtime
Click on the below link. You will get a black page.

Click your mouse anywhere (& everywhere) on the

page & see what happens! Better yet, click & drag

your mouse over the black page... Enjoy!!
http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

MMM Bobtails will be comming outa hibanation soon 21 celcius and all the bobbies are lying flat out in the sun , soaking up the rays
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:00 am

I got a new kitty cat yesterday!!!!!! He's 9 months old and an orange tabby!!!!! I'll post some pictures later in the week.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Postby deftones2015 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:14 am

Hey, I just want to apologize for the foolish, and rude comments in that post about cross breeding. I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have and I am truly sorry. I do think you are knowledgeable Zach about blueys. Anyone else I offended I'm sorry. I still feel the same about edwards answers but to each his own. I do take responsibility for my comments though. I shouldn't have said them, really because that is not how I feel. I DO appreciate the people who made this site and the care sheet. If I didn't appreciate it I wouldn't have donated money Zach. Either way I just wanted to apologize and if you guys don't want me on here anymore let me know or just bann me, and I wont come around anymore. Once again, I apologize for my foolish words that I threw around so foolishly, and carelessly.

Brian
Last edited by deftones2015 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:09 pm

deftones2015 wrote:Hey, I just want to apologize for the foolish, and rude comments in that post about cross breeding. I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have and I am truly sorry. I do think you are knowledgeable Zach about blueys. Anyone else I offended I'm sorry. I still feel the same about edwards answers but to each his own. It does not make up for my actions, but I had a little birdy in my ear agging me on. I do take responsibility for my comments though. I shouldn't have said them, really because that is not how I feel. I DO appreciate the people who made this site and the care sheet. If I didn't appreciate it I wouldn't have donated money Zach. Either way I just wanted to apologize and if you guys don't want me on here anymore let me know or just bann me, and I wont come around anymore. Once again, I apologize for my foolish words that I threw around so foolishly, and carelessly.

Brian



No worries at all man..... :)

But, who's the little birdy? We'll organize a witch hunt. :weirdo:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Jenn wrote:I got a new kitty cat yesterday!!!!!! He's 9 months old and an orange tabby!!!!! I'll post some pictures later in the week.


:woo: :spot:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:24 pm

We've had an exciting weekend...my huntsman laid another eggsac - this makes #6! :shock: I'm not sure if this one is viable as she ate the last one, but we'll see I guess.

Saturday we had an interesting day....our chinese mantid ootheca that I thought wasnt' viable hatched out. Unfortunately since I didn't think it was viable I didn't have it enclosed, so we had to catch 200+ little baby mantids off the wall, floor, desk, etc of our computer room! It took hours and we're still finding random ones around the house. They sure are cute though.

Zach, you want a mantid...or two or ten or fifty... :lol:
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

new additions

Postby aggiegirl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:31 pm

I just got my crested gecko!!! :ohyes: His previous husbandry was less than desirable but his body condition is pretty good. Thanks to all for the advice and pictures! As always, any advice is welcome. I will post pictures when I get him settled in. I'm still seriously thinking about getting him a little detrivore companion. (Did I get the right word this time! :oops: )
Jenn, congrats on the kitty! I'm so jealous. Please post pictures and share---or I might re-home my asthmatic son so I can get one of my own! :wink:
Zach, I love the new avatar! Did the ladybug become lunch? :lol:
User avatar
Tigergenesis
The Blue Bayou
The Blue Bayou
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:18 pm
Country:
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Contact:

Postby Tigergenesis » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Congrats Jenn and Aggiegirl! :spot:
Image


0.1.1 Irian Jaya – “Princess Phoebe” and “Adrian”
0.0.1 Northern – “Piper”
0.0.1 Eastern – “Wyatt”
1.0.0 Kei – “Green Grissom”
1.0.0 Merauke – “Bayou”
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Tigergenesis wrote:Congrats Jenn and Aggiegirl! :spot:



:leftout:
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Chase wrote:Hmm I know there are some biology majors on here.......Does anyone know the difference between a decomposer and a detritivore. I always thought decomposers were less complex things like bacteria and fungi and detritivores were things from the kingdom animalia?


I would agree.
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:30 pm

deftones2015 wrote:Hey, I just want to apologize for the foolish, and rude comments in that post about cross breeding. I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have and I am truly sorry. I do think you are knowledgeable Zach about blueys. Anyone else I offended I'm sorry. I still feel the same about edwards answers but to each his own. It does not make up for my actions, but I had a little birdy in my ear agging me on. I do take responsibility for my comments though. I shouldn't have said them, really because that is not how I feel. I DO appreciate the people who made this site and the care sheet. If I didn't appreciate it I wouldn't have donated money Zach. Either way I just wanted to apologize and if you guys don't want me on here anymore let me know or just bann me, and I wont come around anymore. Once again, I apologize for my foolish words that I threw around so foolishly, and carelessly.

Brian



I don't think anyone wants you gone, just the fact that you apoligized for getting out of hand says you have more charicter than most people out there. BTW If you didn't catch it in the other post sorry that some of what I wrote came off wrong It was ment to be somewhat humorous not inflamitory. :D
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:33 pm

Dragontears wrote:
Tigergenesis wrote:Congrats Jenn and Aggiegirl! :spot:



:leftout:



Aww don't be sad I'm happy for you and your mantis' and huntsman's egg sac I'll cross my fingers for it's viablity. Yay mantis babies. :ohyes:
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Postby Edward » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Jenn wrote:I got a new kitty cat yesterday!!!!!! He's 9 months old and an orange tabby!!!!! I'll post some pictures later in the week.

:woo: Congratulations! :woo: Does he look like mine?!

Image
Nemo me impune lacessit.
User avatar
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1407
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:35 pm
Country:
Location: Body and Heart-Colorado Soul-OZ

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:08 pm

AWWW Kitty!
I love fuzzballs. I'd Have a dozen but the other half won't let me have more than the 2 I have and I could only get those because i was so upset when I lost my best friend of 21 years (R.I.P. Tiggers)

Thats an adorable puddy tat you got there Ed. :love:
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)




1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:20 am

Dragontears wrote:We've had an exciting weekend...my huntsman laid another eggsac - this makes #6! :shock: I'm not sure if this one is viable as she ate the last one, but we'll see I guess.

Saturday we had an interesting day....our chinese mantid ootheca that I thought wasnt' viable hatched out. Unfortunately since I didn't think it was viable I didn't have it enclosed, so we had to catch 200+ little baby mantids off the wall, floor, desk, etc of our computer room! It took hours and we're still finding random ones around the house. They sure are cute though.

Zach, you want a mantid...or two or ten or fifty... :lol:



I would love one!! Trade me one for a lovely boat trip... :deal:


Eugene's pet ladybug yeah.....they sort of pal'd around for a while....then it flew away. I will say though that his appetite has greatly increased and I'm excited to get some meat on his bones.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:23 am

Dragontears wrote:
Tigergenesis wrote:Congrats Jenn and Aggiegirl! :spot:



:leftout:



:rofl: :TQlaughing@zach: No one likes spiders!


CONGRATS!!! Especially on the Mantids...the chinese one's are awful cool looking. We'll have to arrange a meeting. What do you have them eating? Notice any cannabilism while hunting them down in your house?

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 am

Edward wrote:
Jenn wrote:I got a new kitty cat yesterday!!!!!! He's 9 months old and an orange tabby!!!!! I'll post some pictures later in the week.

:woo: Congratulations! :woo: Does he look like mine?!

Image


My guy doesn't have white the white on his face. Other then a few yowling events and a couple of little cat fights (mostly in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep!) he fits in great. The lizards aren't going to get as much wandering around the house time for a while because he is way to interested in them!
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 438 guests