Page 1 of 3

Sunny making grunting sounds

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 am
by Zach
I've mentioned a few times (particularly when people ask if BTS make any sounds) that Sunny grunts and whimpers often when being held. Get a few requests for a demonstration (Russ I think?), and tonight he happened to be doing it a lot, so I grabbed the camera and shot a video....terrible lighting, but you can hear it fairly well.

http://bluetongueskinks.net/sungrunt.avi

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:54 am
by Tattoo
Hmmm ... sounded like a very tiny elephant. :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:00 am
by kris21
Haha an elephant...your comments always make me laugh Tattoo :lol:

Kristy

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:23 am
by Leigh
Are you sure Holly wasnt blowing her nose near by.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:24 am
by Zach
He's done this ever since we've gotten him, and he's the only one who makes any type of sound.... :noknow:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:30 am
by Zach
Here's another....he only does it when he's struggling.

http://bluetongueskinks.net/sungrunt2.avi

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:37 am
by Leigh
What a funny little fellow, almost flatulant like my nan getting offa the sofa hee heeee

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:40 am
by Zach
:doh: :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:08 am
by russman
Sounds to me like when you let air out of a balloon with the nozzle pinched. Thanks for posting that Zach!

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:30 am
by JWSR
That is cool Zach! 8) Almost sounds like baby crocs or alligators. :)

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:37 am
by DeadEye
lol Mine say and make some funny noises to Zack ....Yours would be still laughing at me :roll:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 am
by SailleSkinklover
:rofl: HAHAHAHAAAAA, Oh, That just takes the cake!
It sounds like a wet balloon! It makes me wanna cuddle and hug him and love him and call him George. . . :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 am
by mom22wins
Aww! It's too bad all of them aren't more vocal like that. It's sweet. It's almost like he's complaining at you to let him down! :lol:

My guess is he probably just has something slightly misaligned in his nasal passage that makes that noise when he pushes air out a certain way. Kinda like a little party favor! lol :wink:

Aw, Zach has a little skink party favor! :TQlaughing@zach:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 am
by PICJESS
Wow! I've never heard anything like that from Booger or Chunka....pretty talented little Sunny! :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 am
by Zach
It does sound strange....it doesn't seem to sound as "wet" in person....


Yeah, mom, I just hold him up at new years and let him squeal away.... :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 pm
by Zach
russman wrote:Sounds to me like when you let air out of a balloon with the nozzle pinched. Thanks for posting that Zach!



No prob!

Like I said earlier I always planned to get a video because people had asked about it in the past, but he just does it every now and again like when I'm putting him away, so camera is never handy. But last night late, it was just me and him hanging out and every time I grabbed him he'd holler out!

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:11 pm
by Jenn
Zach, your skinks are so weird! :crazy:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:51 pm
by SailleSkinklover
But I'm still chuckling at that! :lol: I wish Chuff Chuff would be a big lizardy Squeaky toy! So far, only my evil little White Lined Gecko makes noise, and he squeals like an angry little cat! Its hilarious too.
Zach, someday I would love to hear that in person! Sunny is Funny!

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:26 pm
by Lisa
I'm with Leigh, sounds like he let one rip..... or did you, Zach? :hehe:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 pm
by Zach
SailleSkinklover wrote:But I'm still chuckling at that! :lol: I wish Chuff Chuff would be a big lizardy Squeaky toy! So far, only my evil little White Lined Gecko makes noise, and he squeals like an angry little cat! Its hilarious too.
Zach, someday I would love to hear that in person! Sunny is Funny!



You are welcome anytime!


Lisa, it sounds like a person, but it really is him. :noknow: