Page 1 of 2

Raw

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:50 pm
by Jelot92707
ok since seeing the videos and pics of the BTS eating raw egg's i was wondering about raw chicken or other raw foods and if anyone feeds ther bluey raw meat?????

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:52 pm
by russman
I fed my bluey a raw mouse tail last night!

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:41 pm
by Jelot92707
wait just the tail what happend to the rest of the mouse?? any other raw meat???

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:48 pm
by LittleFoot
I always boil LittleFoot's chicken first, that way whatever he doesnt eat I can make chicken salad with it :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:49 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
I know many people boil they meat, but I give Dwight raw.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:50 pm
by SailleSkinklover
:rofl: Hey Littlefoot, before or after he's had a go at the chicken? :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:52 pm
by russman
Jelot92707 wrote:wait just the tail what happend to the rest of the mouse?? any other raw meat???


My ball python ate the rest of the mouse.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:59 pm
by LittleFoot
SailleSkinklover wrote::rofl: Hey Littlefoot, before or after he's had a go at the chicken? :lol:


You know, i was thinking about that after i posted, i should have added before. :D If i have a couple of chicken breast I'll give him a couple of chunks then save the rest for me for later.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:01 pm
by SailleSkinklover
I'm with you, Littlefoot. I'd rather feed my guy broiled or cooked than raw chicken. As for eggs, he loves 'em hardboiled, but he spits the shell out when I leave some on. I
lf the general consensus is that its safe, ( and I imagine it is, ) I'll have to try raw egg and see how he reacts.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:06 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
Just be careful with raw eggs, as they are very sticky and have caused a respiratory condition in at least one skink if I remember correctly.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm
by Jenn
I sometimes mix their veggies in raw egg but other then their mice (my guys get to eat the whole thing, not just a tail! :wink: ) all meat is cooked.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:22 pm
by Lisa
I feed mine raw meat (beef or lamb), but only as a treat because it's not got great nutritional value for them. I think it can cause fatness and gout and kidney problems. I just hack small bits off the bones I buy for my dogs, but they do love it. I've given them raw chicken, too, but generally I cook that.

I also give them raw egg, again only as a treat.
BUT BEWARE!! You will be cleaning up some scarily rancid poo-poos after feeding them raw egg!!
ie, don't give them a raw egg treat if you've just made a nice, clean cage up for them. And have the Glen 20 handy :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:32 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Thanks for the advice, Nomad and Lisa! I was thinking about the "runny effect" and I may just wait until spring when I can feed him outside and then let him do his uhhhh, hershey-squirts where Mama nature can clean it up for me. . .

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 pm
by LittleFoot
Lisa wrote:I feed mine raw meat (beef or lamb), but only as a treat because it's not got great nutritional value for them. I think it can cause fatness and gout and kidney problems. I just hack small bits off the bones I buy for my dogs, but they do love it. I've given them raw chicken, too, but generally I cook that.

I also give them raw egg, again only as a treat.
BUT BEWARE!! You will be cleaning up some scarily rancid poo-poos after feeding them raw egg!!
ie, don't give them a raw egg treat if you've just made a nice, clean cage up for them. And have the Glen 20 handy :lol:


Lisa, thanks for that warning, I am off tomorrow and am cleaning all the lizard tanks...I was going to see how he goes with an egg afterwards but i think i may hold off for a week or so.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:44 am
by thesilverbeast
i feed raw.

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:46 am
by Drew
thesilverbeast wrote:i feed raw.


chicken?

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:46 am
by NomadOfTheHills
philipinos

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 am
by Tattoo
NomadOfTheHills wrote:philipinos


:shock: :yikes: :bugeyes:

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:22 am
by Leigh
That made me laugh John,fair play.

I have fed him raw beef, only little bits as he refused it cooked but I zap the chicked to warm it from froze as its already cooked

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:36 am
by thesilverbeast
Drew wrote:
thesilverbeast wrote:i feed raw.


chicken?



and beef, chicken is only a sometimes food now. with the chicken, its eaten within 30 minutes of removing from the freezer.