Page 1 of 1

Tuck just shed- It's a photo BONANZA!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:28 am
by russman
Hey folks. I like to post pictures when my little buggers are at their peak beauty. Well, Tuck just shed, so I whipped out the Macro lens and some others and had a good old time shooting him (with my camera, duh!). Here is a small selection of the pictures I took.

Yeah, I have flowers in my cage, SO WHAT?
Image
You like my pretty red back?
Image
Man, where can I go to get away from this guy? Oh, I know..
Image
He can't see me in this little cave, can he?
Image
Whatchu lookin at? Surely not my swirly nostril!
Image
Oh now ya done it.. you just wait till I get up to your head..
Image
Sheesh, this arm is longer than I thought!
Image
Guess I'll take a rest, this fur is kinda comfy.
Image
Finally, back to my nice warm rock.
Image
Get any closer, and these babies will be dug into your face!
Image

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 am
by SailleSkinklover
I just love their swirly nostrils. . .insanely cute! :D

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 am
by Tattoo
Swirly Nostrils!!! :tasty: :rofl: I'm with Saille ... insanely cute! Nice photo spread! :2thumbs:

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:53 am
by JWSR
Man! His colors in that smallest picture are beautiful! :jawdrop: Love the seashell nostrils! :D

Your shots seem to be doubling in quality every time you post pics!
I've opened a few of your pics in ZoomBrowser to check out your EXIF data and didn't find any. I was curious to see your settings. So you must have resized in another program that doesn't keep the data. Are you shooting manual or auto exposure? Auto or custom white balance?

Good work! :) Keep 'em comin' Russ!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:08 am
by Jenn
:rofl: The nostril one cracked me up too!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:36 am
by Leigh
The flanks are amazing,the contrast between the black top line and the white and mocha portholes is quite a view.

Image

All he needs is a cue...... 8 ball side pocket :rofl:

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:37 pm
by ktaylor
:intro: Awesome Pics! Love the closeup :)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:09 pm
by russman
JWSR wrote:Man! His colors in that smallest picture are beautiful! :jawdrop: Love the seashell nostrils! :D

Your shots seem to be doubling in quality every time you post pics!
I've opened a few of your pics in ZoomBrowser to check out your EXIF data and didn't find any. I was curious to see your settings. So you must have resized in another program that doesn't keep the data. Are you shooting manual or auto exposure? Auto or custom white balance?

Good work! :) Keep 'em comin' Russ!


Thanks! I actually took the time to use a tripod to keep the camera settled this time. His color is definitely stunning.. I love his contrasts and brilliance. I used a little variety of Auto and Manual, just changing the time value in Manual mode. I don't really know much about white balance, so I don't mess with it.. I just hope for good pictures. The original files would show the settings, but I resized it in the generic Microsoft Picture Viewer program. I would take the time to do it in Photoshop, but its just so much quicker in MS Pic Viewer.

Leigh wrote:All he needs is a cue...... 8 ball side pocket :rofl:


Haha.. I didn't catch that when I was looking at the picture.. hilarious!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:17 pm
by Lucifer_Spades
Oh wow he has the "skinned skink" look too that is simultaniously cool and creepy. Adorable.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:23 pm
by mewzic-7123
Great Close ups!! Hes looking awsome!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:42 pm
by LittleFoot
Awww i love the swirly nose. he is beautiful.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:10 pm
by Drew
your shots are awesome!
great closeups!
he is a pretty pretty skink!
keep em' coming! :D 8) :ohyes:

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 pm
by Funda
Oh he is so adorable :love:
I love all the pics..
I also like the last one.. THE CLAW! :lol:


:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:54 am
by russman
Thanks guys!

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:41 pm
by Zach
:2thumbs:

Excellent!