Page 1 of 1

Wheat Grass

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:12 pm
by Jelot92707
Has anyone tried giving there bluey some of that organic wheat grass they sell at pet stores?I was thinking of rying some for izzy and i was wondering if it was safe a all or healthy for them?Any Info??Thanks

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:22 pm
by megaabel
My chart says:

Wheat grass feed occasionally
Ca:P 1:1
Protein: 25.0%

Very nutritious for reptiles.

*the Ca:P represents the ratio of calcium to phosphorus.


:) So I guess its good :) I will try it too! :)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:33 pm
by Jelot92707
Oh i didn't notice anything about wheat grass on the care sheet's nutritional charts.Hmm maybe i just missed it! i'm gona have to give it a shot i'll try growing it myself to!!! thanks

on page 4

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:40 pm
by megaabel
Its in the Kelly Mckinney chart :)

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 pm
by Jelot92707
Oh god i am blind all those years my parents asked if was blind they were right oh no.LOL any way thanks i'm gonna go out and buy it tomorrow and try it on izzy i'll post again to let every one know how it goes!!

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:09 am
by Leigh
If you get no joy from your skink, it'll make a good food for snails/locusts/roaches or crickets if you keep them, maybe other live feeders to.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:02 pm
by Fatal_S
Leigh wrote:If you get no joy from your skink, it'll make a good food for snails/locusts/roaches or crickets if you keep them, maybe other live feeders to.


Leigh, I read this so badly. My first 2 reads I thought you meant if your skink doesn't make you happy, feed it to the bugs?! That was kinda scary. :D

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:08 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Fatal, great minds think alike, thats exactly how I read it too! :rofl:

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:37 am
by LittleFoot
Yeah i had to read it a couple of times too :shock:

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:26 pm
by Tattoo
I thought Leigh had the skink being fed out to the bugs too. :shock: Leigh has another over on us ... probably unintentionally as well! :lol:

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:16 pm
by Zach
:rofl: Leigh, you animal!