Page 1 of 1

in my room... or my living room

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:54 pm
by megaabel
For those of you who keep your blueys inside...


Do you guys keep them in your living room?
or in your bedroom?

I was folding laundry last night and Watson (he's kept in my room) was looking at me very curiously, so I think that he would like to be moved to the living room where he can see much more activity.

We bring him out often and our dogs hang out in the room most of the time... so Watson always has a show! But... I think he would enjoy watching us at all times.. not to mention the BIG screen Tv:)

I think I'll migrate him over to my living room! :)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:03 pm
by Lisa
When we got Santos we had him in the bedroom but he was a bit of a ... ummm.... how shall I say .... he was a bit of a voyeur! :hehe:
So he got moved to a spare room (now sleeps the whole night through :wink:), he shares that with Conor's son when he comes out, Ralphie's in the upstairs loungeroom and Jubby's in the downstairs loungeroom. He might have to move but, because we got one of them surround sound thingies for the tv down there and the bass box or whatever it is, is really loud.

It depends on your lizard. Some are quite happy to live in a high traffic area such as a living room, but it freaks some of them out. Move him! If he shows signs of distress (never out or running and hiding when someone moves around) then just move him back.

If he stays in the bedroom, make sure he's got access to a view out a window or can hear outside sounds, otherwise it'd be plain boring to just stare at the walls of your tank and hear nothing all day!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:38 pm
by megaabel
I see... yes..hes' got a great window... where he sees birds :)

Maybe my TV might be too loud.. I'll move him around as time comes;)

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:02 am
by thesilverbeast
mine is in my bedroom but i spend all of the time im in the house in here anyways so its busier than my loungeroom.

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:23 am
by SailleSkinklover
Chuff is out in the living room where the activity is. We take him out and let him wander around and explore the house. (he loves the broom closet!) :D

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:54 am
by Zach
In our experience, high traffic areas are best! I think it gives the animal visual stimulation since there might not be much in their tanks to tantalyze the senses. Watching people move back and forth, talk, laugh...sounds from TV....it all is good. I think it helps tame an otherwise feisty bluey because they get used to the action...

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:32 am
by LittleFoot
LittleFoot is in the great room...he loves to sit on his ledge and watch the kids wrestle around on the floor...and I often find him watching us when we are preparing meals in the kitchen. I think he would be bored in a quieter room.

Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:59 am
by Jenn
It really depends on the bluey. Right now all of my guys are in my basement, except Christopher who lives in my classroom. In the past they've been kept in my bedroom, it the dinning room and in the computer room. My northerns and easterns could handle high traffic areas. My keis and indo could not,

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:27 pm
by Zach
In the dining room! :lol: The perfect conversation piece for any guest on any occasion. :edward: :lol:

Relating to this topic, we just put solid walls up in between cages so a couple of the last babies can't see through to the living room any more. they are noticeably a little more wiry already!