Page 1 of 1

Belly

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:09 am
by woddle
The belly of my bluey is red to the end of the tail, but I think it might be newspaper ink from previous temporary newspaper uses. Its been like that for a long time now, and I didn't think much of it. Is it ok? Also, the belly scales seem to be lifting a lot more than before, and I can sort of see them slightly lifted all the time now. I'm not really sure of all these problems, and I just want to make sure they aren't big problems. :noknow: :noknow:

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 am
by Leigh
Mate dont panic ,IJ's and others have a pinkish belly, does it look like this?

Image
Image

Not sure about the lifting scales,what substrate do you use?

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:17 am
by Geoff Gates
Woddle,

Can you post a pic?

It might be scale rot.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:22 am
by Leigh
:oops: Good point Geoff, I was going down the no need to worry path,without thinking.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:23 am
by Brigget
also when my baby had mites the scales were lifted look and see if you see anything underneath them.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 am
by Drew
Image

my friends IJ :D

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:53 pm
by Jenn
Pictures would be helpful. When was the last shed?

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:50 pm
by Tyler
Does it look like this: Image

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:08 am
by woddle
Ill try to add pictures soon. I doubt mite invasion because most scales on the belly are lifted slightly and I could only see pink skin when checked. The redness is slightly red and Ill try to get a picture of that soon.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:32 am
by shingleback aus
hi, my blueys always seem to do this in mating season i dont know but it could have something to do with that?