Page 1 of 1

Video of Ping wandering around after dark

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:12 am
by Hijinks
JUVENILE BLUE TONGUE SKINK STAYS UP PAST BEDTIME
Owner shrugs, comes up with ludicrous anthropomorphic explanation
10/24/07, 1:49 PM EST

JERSEY CITY (AP) -- Authorities have released a video of a five month old Northern blue tongue skink (Tiliqua scincoides intermedia) wandering around after hours.

The skink was caught moving about his tank after his lights had gone out for the night. "His lights had been off for a while. I just had a dim lamp on in the room. I heard a rustling noise, and looked toward the skink tank," explains the skink's owner, who wishes to remain anonymous. "There he was, looking all inquisitive."

The aberrant behavior has sparked confusion and concern. "I don't know what his deal is. He picked at his food earlier, then hid right away. I thought he was just being a grump. So imagine my surprise when he suddenly reappeared after dark," reports the owner. "Maybe he was apologizing. You know, for hissing at me earlier that day."

Experts in the field are skeptical regarding the possibility of the late night stroll representing an apology. Said Dr. Bob Smith, director of Animal Sciences at Such-and-Such University, "That's ridiculous. Tell that skink keeper to put down the crack pipe."

The video is available to the public via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UZwufbsXE

--

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:20 pm
by gloom_kitty
great video

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 pm
by Fatal_S
Hiijinks, you call your skink 'Stinky'?! How rude :D Great video, and I love the news article. Ever think you may be somewhat less than sane?

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:51 pm
by Hijinks
Fatal_S wrote:Hiijinks, you call your skink 'Stinky'?! How rude :D Great video, and I love the news article. Ever think you may be somewhat less than sane?


1) He EARNED that nickname with the poo-stache incident.
2) I guess I'm sane enough to function in the workforce but I'll be darned if I'm gonna wear khakis every day, if you know what I mean. I think hippies call it "free spirited."
3) He's just staring out that glass now, wondering why he can't walk through the wall anymore.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:52 pm
by Fatal_S
Pryce gets bored sometimes and tries to dig his way out of the tank or walk throught the glass :lol: I normally go open the glass up at which point he looks at me like I'm crazy and goes to bed -.-'

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:07 pm
by LittleFoot
He has the cutest little face.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 am
by Tattoo
Hijinks ... your skink is so cute. I love the vivid colors and giant peepers. Your calling him stinky was the icing on the cake. :wink:

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:46 am
by Leigh
I liked your write up, but alas the admin here block youtube :heated:

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:31 am
by Drew
ping is as cute as you.. :roll: :D

he is huge!
how old is he? whats his size!

nice to hear your voice btw. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 pm
by Zach
Hahaha, that's good. :lol: