Page 1 of 2

Snakes on a Plane

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:42 pm
by mom22wins
Okay, last night I caught some of this movie and I had to ask (because I know some of you are snake owners and may know). Am I wrong or did I see some non-venomous snakes on that plane?? lol I guess they figure the general public wouldn't know the difference....

Oh, and just to be on topic here's a Sammy pic...:wink:

Image

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:00 pm
by Brigget
I havent watched but i saw previews i am certain the real snakes they used when touching were non-venomous especially the coral-milk snake look alike but most were computer generated

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 pm
by mom22wins
Oh, I'm sure 90% of them were computer generated but the ones they showed crawling all over the place looked like a few look-alikes and couple corn snakes in there... lol

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:24 pm
by Brigget
Well i was trying not to rent it it was just too fake looking i like my scary movies to be extremely scary. I may go get it I have a corn and they dont look scary at all. my sonny is very sweet looking in his face.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:39 pm
by mom22wins
Ya know, I've never thought Sammy was threatening at all but so many of my friends think she's scary and mean looking. I think it's just a preconception of reptiles that people have. Like all snakes bite! And all reptiles are slimy. That's just sad. I think reptiles can be adorable. :)

They know not... :roll:

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:18 pm
by ktaylor
Reptiles are awesome :) Sophie is awsome and there is a Bearded Dragon at work that literraly begs fo food and to be let out... Of course i would never take time out of work when i should be working to do that :paranoid: :)

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:26 pm
by Fatal_S
Ooh, I saw this movie and boy did I make my mom mad with my commentary. Being both a pilot and a snake owner made it a great movie to make fun of. There were in fact several non-venemous snakes on the plane, which I of course pointed out ^.^ Then I said I should get Cow to come watch, and mom left the room!

In related news, my brother-in-law watched the movie, and seems to have been traumatized by the bathroom scene :rofl: He wont let Cow anywhere within 15 feet of him.

The next hit movie: Snapes on a Plane, Slytherin into a theater near you. ^.^ http://wiw.org/~jess/wp-content/uploads ... snape3.jpg & http://www.wizardnews.com/blog/images/s ... aplane.jpg

My first ever question was about taking a skink on a plane, because I wanted to know if they could be taken with me. I worded it badly and people thought I was going to do loops and rolls with it. Someday I may take one up with me for a short,low flight simply to get some pictures, but otherwise I think my skinks shall not be aviators ^.^

Sammy looks very comfortable :D Such pretty colors. I can't remember, where's she from? She has such a pale color. As for your friends, humans are crazy, stick with the lizards.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:25 pm
by mom22wins
Snapes on a plane. That is too funny! :lol: I think you're right, I'll stick with the lizards and ditch the frugal friends. :wink:

Sammy is a baby from Zach's Niko and Peach's "litter" in June of this year. Her daddy is light colored and I think she may be taking after him. But then every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of her and think how orange her stripes are getting. Either way is fine with me. As long as she stays as gentle and sweet as she is now, I don't care what she looks like. 8)

K: I'd love to work somewhere that I could hold Bearded Dragons at work! I so envy you! :roll:

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:53 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
I love this movie!

Yes, there are many non venomous, and my friends got an ear full while we were in the theater.

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:17 pm
by thesilverbeast
Fatal_S wrote:Being both a pilot and a snake owner made it a great movie to make fun of.



lmao i was the same! so many things wrong.


did you pick apart top gun too? i did!

Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:38 pm
by Fatal_S
Actually, I'm one of the few, the proud, the Air Cadets Who Have Not Seen Top Gun. Lol. I get bothered about this all the time, as it's practically a cadet tradition to play Top Gun at every event, yet I've missed it every time. I'm just talented I guess.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:23 am
by Zach
NomadOfTheHills wrote:I love this movie!

Yes, there are many non venomous, and my friends got an ear full while we were in the theater.



Me too!! Everything about the movie was fake, but Sam Jackson is hilarious and I had a ton of fun at this movie.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 am
by Leigh
Was it called skinks on a plane .....Then its off topic people :slap: :hehe:

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 am
by mom22wins
Yeah yeah, here's another pic to bring it back on topic. :D
Image

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:26 am
by Fatal_S
Even her eye looks very pale there ^.^ Almost matches her face colors.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32 am
by mom22wins
Yeah, it's funny this pic shows her eyes pale when they're actually a dark orange color.

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:43 pm
by herp boy
Heck ya i got yelld at for saying that is not a real snake. that is a ball python. lol

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:09 pm
by Dragontears
I liked the fact that when they put a snake in the microwave they hit the "snake" button located next to the "popcorn" button. My microwave doesn't have one of those...must be an airline specific model.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:57 am
by herp boy
oh really i did not know that * Cant resit must go to best buy* lol

pretty sammy

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 am
by aggiegirl
What a pretty skinky you have there! Charlotte (Sammy's full sibling) lays like that too! It always freaks me out (I have kyphosis nightmares) but it is nice to know she isn't alone. They must just be very flexible. Pele' (who is a little "bulkier" :oops: ) doesn't bend near as much unless he is practicing his yoga (cobra pose.)
When I first got Pele', he was six months old. I thought he looked irritated. I thought Charlotte looked that way when I got her (age, one month) too. Now, as they are aging, either their mouths have changed or my perceptions have. Anyone else notice this or should I just get a life?
Many of my friends try to overlook my love for lizards. But, I have found new friends who share my interest in herps. And, I love my skinkies so much that I can identify with other people who love any kind of critter---snakes, tarantulas, etc. My kids have learned that all creatures deserve respect---not just dogs and cats. I watch movies like Snakes on Planes (haven't seen it) and worry that they will contribute to peoples' misconceptions and unfounded fears.