Page 1 of 1
oh wow!
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:19 pm
by Tili
I just had some extreme luck.. i talked with an older couple at the petstore today cause they mentioned their 100 gal tank and something about a previous tank.. i asked what gal size.. they said 70, so i asked how much they are asking for it.. they said we are just taking it too dump.. so i said! (ahaha im so excited this is worded horribly) can i have it? and Now i get a 70 gal for my BTS tommorow.. upgrading from a 50! and and and! I now Have that 50 for my red eye treefrogs... oh wow! words cannot describe getting a 220 dollar tank for free haha!
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm
by Fatal_S
Lucky you! What have you been doing to build up your karma? Just make sure to make it all pretty then post pictures, so we can share in your good fortune. Actually, Tili's good fortune I suppose. What are the dimensions out of curiousity?
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:32 pm
by Tili
48inches long
18inches wide
21 or 18 inches high i cant remember which one
the 50 was 48L 12W 18H .... 12 inches wide is soo cramped.. i feel bad for her...6 inches makes a lot of difference on the side.
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:07 am
by Shadowfax
Congrats!!! I'm glad someone has better luck than me!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:43 am
by kman1247
ya, really jealouse right now but i'll c wat i can get for free as well
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:27 am
by Tili
i would go to craigslist.. you can find some amazing things on there.. maybe even a 70 gal for like 100.. its really good deal.. that was my next option
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 am
by Tili
well nevermind that good luck and fortune.. it had a filter thing built into the back of it.. that took up the whole backside of tank.. connected with the glass.. so i couldnt remove it... ARGH!!!! O well...
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 pm
by Tili
well since that fell through did some craiglist search... and now have an opportunity for a 100 gal plexi glass used turtle habitat that looks good
72L 18W 20H with stand for 125ish (we still negotiating)
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:23 pm
by russman
Well, if anyone is interested, I have two 65 gallon tanks which I will sell WITH all of the lighting, plants, waterbowls, hides, etc. for $200 for both (plus a stand).. OR $125 each.
Pickup only (Northwestern PA) Will drive to meet people within reason. PM me!
EDIT: Oh, and I have a 40 gal critter cage that i will give away for $40!!
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:13 pm
by Tili
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:16 pm
by Zach
Tili wrote:i would go to craigslist.. you can find some amazing things on there.. maybe even a 70 gal for like 100.. its really good deal.. that was my next option
GOOD JOB! I know the feelings -- I cleaned out the garage the past couple weeks and have been selling on that site nonstop....
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:21 pm
by Tili
craigslist is amazing in my area alone there are like 5 ball pythons and full setup ready to go for adoption fee of 40 dollars... and so many other tanks... now I need to sell my 50 gallon... or try and use it for frogs