Page 1 of 1

mushrooms for BTS

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:00 am
by sav0001
hey just wondering if mushrooms are good for BTS to eat ?

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 am
by Tattoo
I believe the care sheet says no. I have never fed them because of that.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:17 am
by Bird_Brain
I remember reading that quite a few Aussie members regularly feed mushrooms to their blueys. But I have never done just to be on the safe side.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:41 am
by Leigh
My boy looooooves them(18months he's had them with no side effects), there's no proof that they're good or bad either way, I give the sort you buy from a green grocer or stores, I wouldnt risk offering ones I've picked myself from the forest and feilds. Some of the food chart is derived from a Beardie diet (DONT FEED THEM TO BEARDIES)so I think they followed the same advice for BTS to be safe.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:34 am
by Dragontears
I don't feed mushrooms as there are some that are good and some that are bad and I have a hard time remembering which is which. Mamma has eaten mushrooms from the yard when she is out and about though and hasn't had any ill effects.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:23 pm
by Zach
I wonder BTS have some type of immunity to most, if not all dangerous mushrooms....I know some reptiles have that sort of immunity. Like immunity against other venomous reptiles for example....wonder if poisonous plants work in a similar way.