Page 1 of 1

JC Penny's will take skink pix!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:22 am
by aggiegirl
I took my two legged kids in for Halloween pictures and the skinks went too! They charge you a sitting fee $15 but if you are a portrait club member, the pix are only $4 a sheet. I'd post pictures but my kids are in them and there are always some sickos out there (hopefully not on this forum!) Also, I don't have high speed and posting pictures is pure torture.
I suppose this isn't the cheapest way to get skink pictures but I'm a rotten photographer and I couldn't believe that they allowed herps in the studio!
Don't know that all the relatives will appreciate skinks in the pictures, but the kids were on cloud 9 posing with their lizards!! :wink:

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 am
by Bird_Brain
That is awesome! I would love to get professional pictures taken of my dog and cat together. My friends dont understand why I would want to "waste" my money on that.

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:55 am
by Jelot92707
oh thats cool i am totally going to get some now. Hmm i wonder if they'll thake pics of just my izzy Hmmm??? i hope they will that'd be so cool!!!

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:24 pm
by Tattoo
:shock:

Wow ... what next? I wonder if they would charge more if you skinker poops on them ... :rofl: :hehe: :mrgreen:

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:23 pm
by mom22wins
Oh Cathy! Could you PLEEEEEAAASSSE email a few to me? mom22wins@msn.com

:tongue:

spoiled skinkies

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 pm
by aggiegirl
Yeah, I figure taking the skinkies to Pennys would convince most of my friends that I am crazy but I don't care because they are family to us. I try to take pictures of my kids in outfits or with props that are important to them. I figure the skinks are as important to them as they are to me---and they were so perfect for Halloween. The skinks' behavior, by the way, was impecable---no mess, etc. Poor Pele' slid down my son's back with his little legs flailing but I was there to spot him. The lady taking the pictures was mesmorized by them and only charged me one sitting fee.
My kids and I are going to the San Antonio Zoo (baby Komodos?!) and a reptile show this weekend. When I first took them to places like these, I was practically dragging them. Now, they get just as excited as I do. They each have their own favorite herps but they are very accepting of any critter that comes their way. The blueys, of course, are still our favs!
Mom, PM me your address and I'll send you pictures. Don't think my mom-in-law will appreciate these!!!! :roll:

Re: spoiled skinkies

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:05 am
by Leigh
[quote="aggiegirl"]Yeah, I figure taking the skinkies to Pennys would convince most of my friends that I am crazy but I don't care because they are family to us. I try to take pictures of my kids in outfits or with props that are important to them. I figure the skinks are as important to them as they are to me---and they were so perfect for Halloween. The skinks' behavior, by the way, was impecable---no mess, etc. Poor Pele' slid down my son's back with his little legs flailing but I was there to spot him. The lady taking the pictures was mesmorized by them and only charged me one sitting fee.
My kids and I are going to the San Antonio Zoo (baby Komodos?!) and a reptile show this weekend. When I first took them to places like these, I was practically dragging them. Now, they get just as excited as I do. They each have their own favorite herps but they are very accepting of any critter that comes their way. The blueys, of course, are still our favs!
Mom, PM me your address and I'll send you pictures. Don't think my mom-in-law will appreciate these!!!! :roll:[/quote]

BOTHERED!!!, comes to mind :hehe:

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:49 pm
by Zach
mom22wins wrote:Oh Cathy! Could you PLEEEEEAAASSSE email a few to me? mom22wins@msn.com

:tongue:




Me tooooo :cry2:

zachg@efn.org

Re: JC Penny's will take skink pix!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:44 pm
by KyleWeiss
aggiegirl wrote:....and there are always some sickos out there (hopefully not on this forum!)


It's kind of rad that JCP will accept any animal for photos but...

...little paranoid, don't ya think? :)

KW

kids

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:39 am
by aggiegirl
Good to hear from you Kyle!!!! Thought we'd lost you to Wizards and Warcraft!
I've been watching too many CSI and Missing shows I suppose. I also grew up in Houston, TX and let me tell you that some scary things happen there. I love my pets but I love my kiddos even more---and ya'll know how much I love Charlotte and Pele'! I'm gonna guess that those of you who are parents understand my fears. I'll see what my hubby says. I don't have a scanner or anything though. Doubt Kinko's or anyone else will let me copy/scan them since Pennys took them. Zach/Brad/Diane, if I sent a picture to you, could you scan it? Please! I may have to send a picture of me for the members' thread too. (Santa really should bring me high speed internet. :roll: ) As a bonus, you could use my picture to keep roaches out of your closet!!! :lol:
I pick up the pictures next week. At least ya'll understand taking the skinks to the portrait studio. My family just stared at me when I told them. :cry: Are they missing the cute stubby little legs or what?????

Re: kids

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:44 pm
by Bird_Brain
aggiegirl wrote:Good to hear from you Kyle!!!! Thought we'd lost you to Wizards and Warcraft!
I've been watching too many CSI and Missing shows I suppose. I also grew up in Houston, TX and let me tell you that some scary things happen there. I love my pets but I love my kiddos even more---and ya'll know how much I love Charlotte and Pele'! I'm gonna guess that those of you who are parents understand my fears. I'll see what my hubby says. I don't have a scanner or anything though. Doubt Kinko's or anyone else will let me copy/scan them since Pennys took them. Zach/Brad/Diane, if I sent a picture to you, could you scan it? Please! I may have to send a picture of me for the members' thread too. (Santa really should bring me high speed internet. :roll: ) As a bonus, you could use my picture to keep roaches out of your closet!!! :lol:
I pick up the pictures next week. At least ya'll understand taking the skinks to the portrait studio. My family just stared at me when I told them. :cry: Are they missing the cute stubby little legs or what?????


I do have an all-in-one printer that can scan pictures. I would be more than happy to do this for you. Just pm me. If you wanted to post it on the forum as well, we could blur out the kids or put colored boxes over their faces (I honestly wouldnt want my kids pictures all over the internet either!). Just an idea.

But like i said, i can scan pics onto the computer and then email them to you if you would like.

great!

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:04 pm
by aggiegirl
I'll send you a picture as soon as I get them. The kids are in non-revealing costumes but I'm still kinda iffy about posting their faces. I will check with you when I get the pix. Guess I should take one of myself too for the member thread. Maybe you can printshop me so that I look like a supermodel!!! :lol: Definitely cheaper than a trip to the plastic surgeon's office! :wink:

oh yeah

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:05 pm
by aggiegirl
Oh, and thanks a million! :ohyes:

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:37 pm
by Zach
COOL!

I would not have a problem posting my kids. It's not like anyone can do anything with a picture. Especially if they're just portrait photos. Just my opinion! MYSPACE....that's another story.

Re: kids

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:16 am
by LittleFoot
aggiegirl wrote:Good to hear from you Kyle!!!! Thought we'd lost you to Wizards and Warcraft!
I've been watching too many CSI and Missing shows I suppose. I also grew up in Houston, TX and let me tell you that some scary things happen there. I love my pets but I love my kiddos even more---and ya'll know how much I love Charlotte and Pele'! I'm gonna guess that those of you who are parents understand my fears.


I agree with you, I don't post my kids pictures either, it is too easy these days to track people down over the internet, id rather be safe then sorry.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:33 pm
by mom22wins
Good thinking. I just changed my post on the "You and Blue" thread to take out the pic of the kids and just put one in with me. I guess I just take it for granted that people aren't all bad but there really are some creeps out there... :wall:

sorry

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:49 pm
by aggiegirl
Sorry to induce paranoia. Sad that we have to worry like that. :(