Page 1 of 1
feeding question
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 pm
by mewzic-7123
how much do i have to feed my skink, as in how much is too much and how much is too little? because i wanna know if im feedin Wiomi enough
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:10 am
by Bird_Brain
Unless the skink is overweight, then I would put out as much as it will eat. Each skink has their own personality as well as appetite. There is no set amount that should be fed to a skink, IMO. I usually just put a couple scoops out on their plates and they never clean them off completely. But I also dont have a bunch that I throw away either. I just keep find that happy median.
Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:49 am
by Tattoo
Tattoo is 5 months old and I don't believe he has ever been able finish two tablespoons of food. I started with a tablespoon when he was an itty bitty baby and now put out about two tablespoons. If he ever cleans his plate I will increase the amount. And like reptileking said ... unless they are overweight let them eat what they want.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:04 pm
by Fatal_S
I agree, I just keep feeding my guys until they stop. Pryce can wolf down quite a bit, but he's also growing like a weed, and not overweight, so I let him. For Trikks I'd just be happy if he'd eat at all.
The best way to tell? Post a lot of pictures, and if your skink is getting overweight, someone will tell you. But generally the more they eat the better. And so long as you're feeding good food, there shouldn't be a problem. Most skinks become overweight when they're fed a lot of fatty foods, like pinkies, with little other food.
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:02 am
by Leigh
You may have (like others) a picky eater, mine would smash a plate full of snails back ,but only have a few (if lucky)mouthfulls of the dreaded greens and veg.