Page 1 of 1

Mature enough for sperm plugs?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:52 pm
by mom22wins
I just read something on this but I can't locate the thread so I am posting one.

How old, in your experience, does a Northern, IJ, etc have to be before they start showing sperm plugs if they're male? I thought it was after 1 yr old but I've been reading various things...

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:13 pm
by Marie
Mel was born on July 29, 2005. He dropped his first plug on Thanksgiving of that year. In March 2006, he tried to mate Popsicle. Until that time, I always thought Popsicle was a boy. From my understanding, Mel is a little ahead of the game when it comes to the sex department.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:16 pm
by kman1247
Marie wrote:Mel was born on July 29, 2005. He dropped his first plug on Thanksgiving of that year. In March 2006, he tried to mate Popsicle. Until that time, I always thought Popsicle was a boy. From my understanding, Mel is a little ahead of the game when it comes to the sex department.
or... there might be a gay skink lol jk. but anyways ( call me a noob but) what's a sperm plug?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:20 pm
by Marie
Image

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:28 pm
by Fatal_S
Skinks, just like any male, occasionally just need to let off some steam. You see a SP and you know u got a guy.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:00 am
by Leigh
My unproved BOY is now nearly 2, and I havent been present to view any boyish behaviour

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 pm
by Tattoo
Leigh maybe you have one more girl to buy things for. Tattoo dropped a double load of sperm plugs tonight. He will be six months old 12/4/07. Apparently the boy's got it goin on. :lol:

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:49 pm
by Zach
kman1247 wrote:
Marie wrote:Mel was born on July 29, 2005. He dropped his first plug on Thanksgiving of that year. In March 2006, he tried to mate Popsicle. Until that time, I always thought Popsicle was a boy. From my understanding, Mel is a little ahead of the game when it comes to the sex department.
or... there might be a gay skink lol jk. but anyways ( call me a noob but) what's a sperm plug?



If you own a BTS, I would read that caresheet thoroughly again. ;)


I've heard of BTS dropping them as early as 3 months although I don't think it's common at all.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:15 am
by mom22wins
I think I may have-possibly-kinda-might have seen a sperm plug but I'm not sure. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next time Sammy poops. They usually come out when they deficate right?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:26 am
by Tattoo
Yup. Poop time is when Tattoo shares his little gifts with me. :wink:

guess what!

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:54 pm
by aggiegirl
Mom, I saw some "suspect" material from Charlotte too!!! Actually, the first time she dragged it across my shirt. :shock: (Showing off, I suppose!) Then, the second time, it was opposite of the urate on the BM. Neither was a textbook example (wrong shape but color/consistancy similar to that of my cresty's sperm plugs) and I assumed Charlotte was too young but I must admit that I was excited. (Less so about it being on my shirt but you know! :shock: ) I have never seen anything like that from Pele' and I watch the two of them very closely. Please don't tell my non-herp friends that this kind of thing excites me. :oops: Maybe our sibs are just real studs and showing their stuff early!!!! :lol:

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 am
by Tattoo
Well ladies sounds like we may have all ended up with boys. 8)

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:05 am
by mom22wins
I've been waiting for the next opportunity to observe this natural phenomenon but Sammy hasn't eaten in 2 days. She had a big meal Thursday and she hasn't been interested in eating. I'll try to interest her in some chicken livers tomorrow and see if she'll pass something then.

I really didn't think she was a boy though because her head is so small compared to some of the big triangular heads I've seen on here! lol But I know that's not a sure way to tell...

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:27 pm
by kman1247
Zach wrote:
kman1247 wrote:
Marie wrote:Mel was born on July 29, 2005. He dropped his first plug on Thanksgiving of that year. In March 2006, he tried to mate Popsicle. Until that time, I always thought Popsicle was a boy. From my understanding, Mel is a little ahead of the game when it comes to the sex department.
or... there might be a gay skink lol jk. but anyways ( call me a noob but) what's a sperm plug?



If you own a BTS, I would read that caresheet thoroughly again. ;)


I've heard of BTS dropping them as early as 3 months although I don't think it's common at all.
Sorry, i was joking. I didn't want it to be portrayed in that fashion.

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:46 pm
by mom22wins
No worries. :)

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:29 pm
by MartinsPerson
Baloo was only about 6 months when he dropped his first sperm plug, and I saw hemipenes. As of yet, no boy type signs from Sebastian. But I'm still kinda hoping....mostly because I really like his name. :smile:

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:40 pm
by Zach
kman1247 wrote:
Zach wrote:
kman1247 wrote:
Marie wrote:Mel was born on July 29, 2005. He dropped his first plug on Thanksgiving of that year. In March 2006, he tried to mate Popsicle. Until that time, I always thought Popsicle was a boy. From my understanding, Mel is a little ahead of the game when it comes to the sex department.
or... there might be a gay skink lol jk. but anyways ( call me a noob but) what's a sperm plug?



If you own a BTS, I would read that caresheet thoroughly again. ;)


I've heard of BTS dropping them as early as 3 months although I don't think it's common at all.
Sorry, i was joking. I didn't want it to be portrayed in that fashion.




What?? I meant if you really didn't know what a sperm plug was, the caresheet will tell you all about it!