Page 1 of 1
Twin Indonesians =)
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:31 pm
by Gennie
I just got my Indo babies who are siblings.
Ones strips appear a little more red than the other but I suppose that will change.
I have a 2 year old Indo that I suspect may be a female so hoping one of these would be a male.
I will post more pics as they grow.
They were housed together but I have two 3 foot cages so I can seperate them.Should they be together or seperated at their age of 2 months.
Gennie

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:43 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
Its up to you whether to separate them or not. If you have two cages you might as well.
Generally, most people here believe in separate housing, as the risks outweigh the benefits.
Personally, I believe it depends on the experience of the owner and the temperaments of the skinks.
I have read that indo can live peacefully in female only groups, but males will fight.
In my opinion, I wouldn't do it.
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:09 pm
by Fatal_S
They're so small and cute, congrats!
I'd keep them seperate, which I'd recommend for almost all species. Plus, those tails are so long and wavy, it'd suck if one got bitten off.
I find it odd how the 4 species of skinks which work best in colonies are each thousands of dollars over here.
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:50 pm
by Tattoo
Adorable!

I would seperate them for housing. Why take the chance?
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:54 am
by Leigh
I love how small they are up against the pen, too cute. You should seperate them sooner than later to be safe, and post a lot more photos, congrats on your new family .
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:37 am
by Gennie
They are seperated now.
They are so adorable I just want to hold them all day.
I'll get some more pics.I have no names yet but it's easy to tell them apart.
Gennie
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:49 pm
by Zach
And you got the one in your avatar too?
That's awesome! We need more people with Indos.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:26 pm
by Gennie
Now I am wondering something.
When I talked to the guy I got them from he mentioned something about Merauwake <thats how he spelled it> and now maybe he meant Merauke?
I suppose I will have to wait till they are adults to tell?
Their Mom was WC so I assume since she was gravid her babies are CB?
Gennie
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:48 pm
by Zach
Hey, you took down your avatar already?
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:05 pm
by Gennie
That wasn't mine LOL I am not sure where that came from but now I have one of my 2 year old Indo Wiggles Till I can get a nicer one.
Gennie
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:13 pm
by Fatal_S
Gennie wrote:Now I am wondering something.
When I talked to the guy I got them from he mentioned something about Merauwake <thats how he spelled it> and now maybe he meant Merauke?
I suppose I will have to wait till they are adults to tell?
Their Mom was WC so I assume since she was gravid her babies are CB?
Gennie
I'm pretty sure those are Indo, not Merauke.
The forlegs are almost totally black - Indo
The scales on the head have black in between - Indo
Speckles on chin - Indo
As they age, you should get some more indicators, like the back and tail will speckle more, tail may lose the distinct stripes. I'd definately going Indo on these guys.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:11 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
They look indo, but juvenile indos and meraukes looks nearly identical.
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:07 pm
by Drew
lucky lucky you!!!

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 pm
by Zach
NomadOfTheHills wrote:They look indo, but juvenile indos and meraukes looks nearly identical.
Yep, as well as Key island... (well, baby key island).
It's hard to say right now...