Bluey Blanket

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Bluey Blanket

Postby Tattoo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:48 pm

Winter has arrived in Vermont. 14 degrees this morning at 6 a.m. See how we keep warm here?
Image
Anyone else loving their Bluey Gear right about now?
The Crone ∞

1.0 Northern BTS - Tattoo
0.1 Indonesian BTS - Annubis
0.0.1 Silver Tanimbar - Mantic
User avatar
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:43 pm
Country:
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Shadowfax » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:42 pm

:love: Awwww! But 14 degrees... :cold:....you crazy!!!!
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Postby Tattoo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey ... what can I say ... it's in the blood. Nothing like a nice cold morning to make you realize you are alive. :ohyes: My question is who can make us an emoticon with a lounging smiley wearing a flannel shirt and watch cap sitting in front of the wood stove drinking cocoa? :D
The Crone ∞



1.0 Northern BTS - Tattoo

0.1 Indonesian BTS - Annubis

0.0.1 Silver Tanimbar - Mantic
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

he he

Postby aggiegirl » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 pm

I shouldn't brag b/c tomorrow will be cold but my bluey got to go outside today! I think I would definitely consider hibernation if I lived somewhere that was that cold!!!! :lol:
Must admit that I still want to get some Bluey Gear from Jenn. I feel evil picking up my warm bluey with cold hands. She likes to supervise my typing and I think she'd be much more comfy in a sleeping bag!
k
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm

I so want bluey gear ^.^ Once I get my new tanks, Bluey gear will be next on the agenda.
User avatar
herp boy
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:18 pm
Country:
Contact:

Postby herp boy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:22 pm

Well it is around 50 at nioght here so a biger bulb lo
-Michael
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
KyleWeiss wrote:PETA demonstrators love three-day-old warm hamburger fed through a leaf blower showered all over them.

I'm not positive how I know this.

KW
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 am

Shadowfax wrote::love: Awwww! But 14 degrees... :cold:....you crazy!!!!


14 degrees :lounge: what a scorcher your having
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Postby Tattoo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:46 am

Leigh mate that's 14 degrees F not C. Still think it's a heat wave? I'm home sick today to took you guys a photo. We have warmed up to 30F and are getting snow.
Image
Sorry about the celtic decal in the window. :wink:

Err ... just occured to me. Maybe someone is having me on? The noodle doesn't tick over as quickly when one is ill. :lol:
The Crone ∞



1.0 Northern BTS - Tattoo

0.1 Indonesian BTS - Annubis

0.0.1 Silver Tanimbar - Mantic
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:10 pm

I haaaaate cold. Of course, people laugh at me when I tell them we're steady at 50F every day. Our roommate is from Alaska.

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Tattoo
BT Beldam
BT Beldam
Posts: 6669
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 am
Country:
Location: Vermont, USA

Postby Tattoo » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:12 pm

50 degrees in the house or outside??? :shock:
The Crone ∞



1.0 Northern BTS - Tattoo

0.1 Indonesian BTS - Annubis

0.0.1 Silver Tanimbar - Mantic
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:26 pm

I must be crazy, but I miss weather like that, it looks so pretty out there. (though a pain in the poo to drive in and shovel)
Pippi
User avatar
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am
Country:
Location: Bristol, England

Postby Leigh » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:51 am

I love loads of snow, enough to make it impossible to get to work, then out comes the welder to make a sled and off to the park for some fun rarr!!
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:39 am

I like having 4 seasons but if I had my way Fall, Winter and Spring would each be a month long and the rest of the year would be summer.

It's definetly chilly hear and everyone is pretty much snoozing except good old Baylee!
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
User avatar
Marie
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:42 am
Country:
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 am

I'm with Jenn. I like having four seasons. After a long winter, it feels so great and refreshing when spring arrives! But, if I had my choice, I'd make spring and fall the longest seasons. I'm not a fan of warm, humid summers.
1.2.0 Irian Jayas - "Gargamel", "Gloria" aka "Lil Thang"
0.0.1 Tanimbar - "Pandora"
RIP "Popsicle"
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:37 am

I have different season here....desert summer, rest of the countrys summer, and fall like weather.
Pippi
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:11 pm

Tattoo wrote:50 degrees in the house or outside??? :shock:


Outside! :bad:

We've been at 45 lately, with freezing cold nights....

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
SailleSkinklover
Bluey Fanatic
Bluey Fanatic
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Everett WA
Contact:

Postby SailleSkinklover » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Gimme snow anyday. I love it! I do feel sorry for the lizzies though, as they do prefer it cozy. I'm just waiting for enough up in the mountains to break out the 'ol snowboard! Wheeeeeeee. . .
Gotta say, I hate hot humid summers, unless I can retreat underground where its nice and cool. Guess I'm not a sun worshipper! I agree, Tatoo, the cold weather makes you feel alive! And it helps one to appreciate the other seasons (somewhat!) OK, I do love Spring and Fall. And I like that I can take Chuffers outside in the summer, for his sake. :D
1.0. Merauke, Chuff Chuff
0.1.1 Irian Jayas, Nubbin, Marley
0.0.1 Northern, Hobbes
3.1.0.1 White Lined Geckos,CrazyHorse, Dad, Itchy, little female
7.10.17 Crested Geckos, HELP!
0.1.0 Leachie, Francis
1.2.0 Gargoyles, Everton, Ant, Juicebox
1.1.2 African Fat Tails, Burger Butt, Galaxy,t he kids
1.1.0.2 Tokays, Niles, Lillith
User avatar
Christi Rose
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:45 pm
Country:
Location: Carrollton, TX
Contact:

Postby Christi Rose » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:49 pm

Snow all the way!! We got our cold front here a couple days ago, but it isn't going to last. We have to wait for, hopefully, three more weeks before winter really starts. Generally, if it snows, it snows on V-Day.

Who makes bluey socks again? I want to order one for Petri as his Christmas present.
thanks!
~Christi
1.0 red eared slider turtle: Michelangelo
1.0 Red Tail Boa: Kaa
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri
1.0 American Staffordshire Terrier/Lab Mix: Brutus
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
User avatar
herp boy
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:18 pm
Country:
Contact:

Postby herp boy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Tattoo wrote:50 degrees in the house or outside??? :shock:

here? both.
-Michael

┌─┐

┴─┴

ಠ_ರೃ

KyleWeiss wrote:PETA demonstrators love three-day-old warm hamburger fed through a leaf blower showered all over them.

I'm not positive how I know this.

KW
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Christi Rose wrote:Snow all the way!! We got our cold front here a couple days ago, but it isn't going to last. We have to wait for, hopefully, three more weeks before winter really starts. Generally, if it snows, it snows on V-Day.

Who makes bluey socks again? I want to order one for Petri as his Christmas present.


I do. Any Christmas orders should be put in ASAP. Things get really crazy as the month goes on so as we get closer I can't guarente they'll be done in time.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 269 guests