Night time question
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:37 am
LittleFoot is still very active and eating like crazy so I really don't see him brumating this year. It is still in the 80s during the day and at night drops to the 50s...I know later in the year the temps will occasionally drop to the 30s but during the day it almost never goes below 45 here.
So here is my question. Right now at night I have a purple night light bulb (50 watts) on his tank. What is the difference between the purple bulbs and the red infared bulbs? I just want it to keep his tank from going belowe the 70s at night. Our heat isnt on in the house, and probably wont be for at least another month.
Any suggestions on which is better? I was thinking about getting an undertank heater for him like I have for my uros, but he doesnt sleep in the same place every night (he has 3 different hiding spots in his tank) To me they seem to be a very focused heat source, they don't warm the tank, just that one particular spot that they sit under.
So here is my question. Right now at night I have a purple night light bulb (50 watts) on his tank. What is the difference between the purple bulbs and the red infared bulbs? I just want it to keep his tank from going belowe the 70s at night. Our heat isnt on in the house, and probably wont be for at least another month.
Any suggestions on which is better? I was thinking about getting an undertank heater for him like I have for my uros, but he doesnt sleep in the same place every night (he has 3 different hiding spots in his tank) To me they seem to be a very focused heat source, they don't warm the tank, just that one particular spot that they sit under.