Page 1 of 1

Relieved

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:33 am
by woddle
Today when I came back from school, I found the cage to my bluey to be empty. I was aware of a break in the cage (the bluey had forced the wood so that it broke; amazing strength!), and I suspected an escape. But from everyone else's experiences on the forum, I didn't panic and I slowly searched the area. It didn't take me a minute, and my bluey was under the fridge, poking its head out. It was back into the cage :D

But the problem is that under the fridge, dust and food scrap was quite dense and it seemed dirty. I know that it was only under there for maximum 2 hours (likely to be less), but the bluey may have inhaled lots of dust and may have eaten some scrap :( . Would it be fine?

I have really secured the cage and tested with all human might, and there is no way escape now for the bluey.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:35 am
by Tattoo
Well they are pretty sturdy little buggers. I would keep an eye out for any odd behaviors for a few days till I knew all the systems were working properly (eating, breathing, pooping) to be sure. And hey keep us posted. :wink:

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:42 am
by Leigh
Phew, glad you found him, I'd say he'd be fine, any inhaled dust would have been sneezed out and anything eaten should be ok as long as its not mouse/rat trap poison, I wont mention the nasty things they're known to eat in the garden/park. Look for any signs of burning from the the fridges compressor unit.

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:05 pm
by woddle
I reckon it is fine. It is eating as usual and there is no unusual behaviour. Guess the incident only gave me an escape experience :noknow: