When I was around 11-12 years old I used to do presentations for schools that my grandpa was either principal of or volunteered teaching at. I had a pair of rosy boas, a corn snake, a king snake and the kids favorite was an adopted 2' african plated lizard that I would let them feed bananas to. Looking back on it now, there's no doubt that those presentations were a memorable and positive experience for a lot of those kids. Where I live in California the few reptiles we have never let you get close or if you do get close the experience isn't usually pleasant

(and the fact that rattlesnakes are one of the most common snakes you'll encounter locally, a fear of reptiles is pretty common).
Part of the reason I got a blue tongue skink was how social-able around people they were and looking back on my old plated lizard, that was a big reason why I loved keeping him so much. As Adalons matured he's really shown that not only can he tolerate other people, he's actually very curious and inquisitive around them. I've had family members and friends handle him when they visit our house and outside of peeing on an uncle, he's been an absolute angel.
Outside of the house, I've taken short drives with him on my windshield (grippable carpet to walk on and a towel to hide under if he's ever stressed) where I'm sure he received more than a few double takes and surprised the heck out of a few fast food employees lol.
Also our next door neighbor has two 8-10 year old girls, who had never seen a reptile outside the zoo, that loved petting and feeding Adalon so much that they knocked on our door in the middle of their birthday party to borrow Adalon. You should have seen the grin on the older one's face as she greeted all her friends with a 20" skink resting on her shoulder! I came to supervise of course, but I don't think it was even necessary as the 10 year old remembered how I taught her to hold Adalon and coached each of her friends before she let them handle him.

The next day her dad brought me a leftover piece of cake and thanked me for he said was by far the most memorable part of the entire party.
I also snuck him in a few weeks ago to a medical center I lecture and volunteer at and showed him off to a bunch of the staff that were blown away by how big and friendly he was. Not a single person there had ever seen anything like that. The head doctor even grabbed a camera and about 14-15 different staff members posed and took pictures holding Adalon (and he didn't even pee on someone!) so suffice to say he was a big hit. The couple times I've been back that's all anyone can talk about and some of the staff who missed seeing him want me to bring him in again.
I have an aunt who teaches kindergarten and a cousin who's a special ed teacher that I've considered asking if they want me to bring in Adalon some day. I'm just afraid that now a days there is too much liability for the school to even consider letting someone do a presentation like I used to as a kid. Still I think it's a fantastic idea to let kids to be exposed to reptiles in a safe and supervised environment like a classroom and grow up having a better understanding and appreciation for something they would likely otherwise never experience.
Adalon just has an incredible personality thats a shame to waste on just me alone when there are so many people out there who can experience and learn just how wonderful reptiles like blue tongue skinks can be. In the future I'm definitely going to be looking for opportunities where I can bring him along and make someones day.
edit: I don't think anyone here advises exposing a skink to stress and danger outside their home, so don't take my story as any kind of encouragement to carry your skink around with you everywhere.
Also when I am moving him around outside the house or my car I keep him inside of an open pillowcase set inside of an over the shoulder laptop bag. He just barely fits in the bag now, but it's plenty roomy for him to turn around and it's less conspicuous in public if you don't want to frighten anyone. I still want to figure out some way to modify like an archery quiver or some long tube-like object to carry him in, Adalons always loved paper towel tubes and pvc pipes.