Page 1 of 1

Can't tell if this is stuck shed

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:36 pm
by abby222
Hello my skink shed a couple week ago and I noticed her belly seemed very scratchy which made me think she had stuck shed still but I decided to wait a little and see if she gets it off on her own.

However her stomach is still very scratchy feeling unlike before and it looks like her scales are coming off from her a little. The past couple of days I've been giving her warm soaks to see if I can loosen that up a little but no luck. Ive also rub her with a little olive oil. Today I also saw her biting her toes a little like she was trying to get something off which makes me think it's shed.

Do you think this is even stuck shed? If so, any other technique to get it off or just keep doing what I'm doing. If it is shed it's really stuck on there.

Re: Can't tell if this is stuck shed

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:43 am
by splashy07
What species? What is your humidity and temp?

Re: Can't tell if this is stuck shed

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:26 pm
by abby222
splashy07 wrote:What species? What is your humidity and temp?



I have a northern and the temp is in 90Fs warm side with a basking spot a little under 100F. Cooler side in 80Fs. I don't measure the humidity right now but I don't live in a particularly dry or humidity place. I also have her on shredded aspen but was gonna change to cypress because I think that may be too dry.