Page 1 of 1
Urine everywhere!
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm
by bartholemew
My lizard's enclosure stank horridly like urine. I took everything out including substrate to try and find where it was coming from. I found a puddle of what I thought was water from his bowl but once I looked closer I found yellow water running down the wall around the puddle. It seems as if he sprayed, but I have never heard of lizards doing this before. Is this some kind of anal gland problem or something else or is this completely normal?
Re: Urine everywhere!
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:58 pm
by Janella
Hard saying exactly what happened, but I have personally never heard of a skink spraying. Perhaps water and the urine somehow got mixed together to make it look more than normal. Skinks will go inside their water bowls and eliminate.
Re: Urine everywhere!
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:11 pm
by bartholemew
I have a water bowl for him that he can't do that in (It wasn't intentional when I brought it) and the urine I found was well away from the water and all up the walls. So I have no idea whats happened. do you have any more ideas? thanks for the advice.
Re: Urine everywhere!
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:17 pm
by Janella
So I don't understand. How do you have a water bowl that he can't urinate or defecate in? Also skinks will climb walls of their enclosures, especially males and paint the glass with water, urine, or even feces.
Re: Urine everywhere!
Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:57 pm
by bartholemew
So sorry I didn't explain that very well. There will be an attachment of my water bowl somewhere below. He does glass surf so that's probably the reason thanks for all your help.
Screenshot 2022-01-02 175504.png
Re: Urine everywhere!
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:06 am
by Janella
Good morning and hi again. That makes more sense. My guess is the glass surfing then. Have a great day and New Years.