Page 1 of 1

Axanthic or just a colour phase?

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:04 pm
by MAXXL
Hello, I have a question regarding my male irian jaya BTS (Tbh I'm not sure if it's a he, visuals look more like a her though). I got Latte at a pet expo a few weeks back and I've been wondering whether Latte can be called as an axanthic or he just has a darker colour phase than a normal IJ but can still be referred to a normal. The seller that sold him at the expo wasn't the breeder (made a deal with the breeder to sell it at the expo, so i wasn't directly communicating with the breeder) and what they said kinda confused me, roughly translated they said that it was a "failed axanthic" somewhere around the lines of a incomplete colour mutation. The lacking of browns and red/oranges on his body do make me believe that theres something more than just a darker phase going on with him. Personally I've never heard of the term "incomplete/failed axanthic" and I hope someone can help me confirm. Thanks in advance!