Page 1 of 1

Health Issue

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 pm
by gg13
Hello. I’ve had my blue tongue skink since 2018 with never any problems before. Recently my blue tongue skink has yellow crust around his mouth and eyes. I was told to clean it daily and give him warm bath soaks. He has been lethargic and not eating. I am coming here literally just made an account to find help because today he is bleeding from his eyes ? He was not doing that at any time before nor today. I have cleaned it with warm water and gently with a Q-tip but this is obviously serious. I read here there is a vet in Fort Lauderdale that could attend BTS (I am in Miami) but when I look up the clinic it was not the one listed. This is my first blue tongue skink and I am honestly super stressing because I don’t want to lose him. Please let me know of literally anything that can help him, literally whatever it takes !! Before and After pics attached

Re: Health Issue

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:58 pm
by Janella
Hi there. I am very sorry your skink is so sick. I HIGHLY recommend getting it into this vet https://exoticanimalcare.com They are absolutely amazing and have years and years experience working with reptiles/exotics. I would tell them it is an emergency. Explain the situation. I am not going to lie...your skink looks bad. I also don't like the bleeding from the eyes. CALL NOW and get it checked. Keep me/us updated on what you find out.

Re: Health Issue

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:33 pm
by gg13
The sign of blood was really the sign of end. Unfortunately he passed. Thank you for trying to help I am truly heartbroken…

Re: Health Issue

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:46 am
by Janella
I was very worried that was going to happen. I am truly sorry for your loss.