Irian Jaya BTS won't eat in enclosure??
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:46 pm
Hello! So I'm currently transitioning my IJ to eating inside his enclosure after originally feeding him in a separate location to get him used to handling, keeping things clean inside, and that's what he was used to when I adopted him. I now want to make it to where I can just feed him inside his environment.
All temps, humidity, lighting, and diets are normal and unchanged.
He has, however, just undergone a three round antibiotics injection treatment for a respiratory infection. He has been active, alert, and I've seen him basking a normal amount. It's been 3 days since his last scheduled feeding, and I've offered him fresh, new food every 24 hours in hopes he will eat, but he won't touch it. Any recommendations or theories as to why he won't eat when he originally ate (even during treatment) a healthy amount?
All temps, humidity, lighting, and diets are normal and unchanged.
He has, however, just undergone a three round antibiotics injection treatment for a respiratory infection. He has been active, alert, and I've seen him basking a normal amount. It's been 3 days since his last scheduled feeding, and I've offered him fresh, new food every 24 hours in hopes he will eat, but he won't touch it. Any recommendations or theories as to why he won't eat when he originally ate (even during treatment) a healthy amount?