Page 1 of 1

Newbie here, Couple questions about care. I read the Care sheet.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:33 am
by slangblades
So... I am going a lil crazy trying to figure out the proper lighting. I read the care sheet and still am a bit confused. My original plan was to buy a Zoo-Med 160W Self Ballasted Mercury vapor bulb. I think this would have taken care of both the heating and UVB. But the care sheet seems to say I may need both a heat lamp and this bulb for the UVB. I may have understood it wrong. So long as my temps are 100-85-75, I should be alright? I cant get both just not sure if that is necessary. The cages Im looking into have a height of 16 or 12. So also kind of wondering if 150w may be too strong. Any info would be greatly appreciated

TL;DR:
1) If I use a Mercury Vapor bulb do I still need a seperate heat or UVB lamp?

2)Is a 150 MW Mercury Vapor bulb too strong for a 16 inch cage height?

Bonus Questions

3)If I provide D3, How often and how much? I know Bab BTS will eat daily so, with every meal or every other meal(Keep in mind I am most likely going the MV bulb route, and will still supplement D3 but I ont want the lizard to OD on d3)

4) Is a Solarmeter absolutely necessary?