Page 1 of 2

Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:50 pm
by Fatal_S
How is everyone doing?

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:26 am
by splashy07
Welcome back, Mel!

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:02 am
by Janella
Good to have you back Mel

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:21 am
by Fatal_S
Thank you. It's lovely to be here again.

Oh wow all my profile information is out of date. Oops.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:57 am
by splashy07
Stick around, Fatal, seems as everyone has deserted to go social media, which I will never do as I do not participate in any of it. We need you here! So happy to see you again!

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:32 am
by Fatal_S
I'll try. I'm definitely more used to social media or Discord lately, so I'll have to get back into forum usage. I feel so old.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:23 am
by splashy07
I am.......so old.
I have no clue what Discord is.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:57 am
by Fatal_S
Lol. You're twice my age, I thought you were a kidlet until I read your profile.

Discord is the newer version of oldschool forums. Basically a chat room with different areas for different topics. But it lacks a lot of the features forums have. It's too bad so many folks moved away from forums, they're usually an amazing resource.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:19 am
by splashy07
Yes, and most of the 'kidlets' answer questions after googling ....
There are very few experienced keepers left on here.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:04 am
by TXscarlet
Welcome back! I wish forums could be revived, I miss them a lot. Social media, especially facebook, just seems to have become a breeding ground for so much hate and judgement. I don't really understand why.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:12 am
by splashy07
I totally agree. people have nothing better to do than bash others they do not even know. So glad I'm old, would hate to be around in another 20 years...and if I am I hope I'm too senile to know or care what is going on. The amount of mis-information on animal care runs rampant, and unfortunately that's where all the newbies go. Most of them had parents in kindergarten when I got my first reptile. Back then absolutely nothing was known about reptile care, you had to find out by experience. Experience is what I wish to share, not something I just googled.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:53 pm
by Fatal_S
Hey. Who's running the forum now? It's been so long I don't want to mess anything up.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:07 pm
by mb606587
Hello and welcome back Mel. I'm adminning but have been MIA for a few months and Splashy and Janella have been doing a tremendous job as always. Hope to contribute more regularly moving forward.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:33 am
by splashy07
Thank you for the compliment, mb! And good to see you again!

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 pm
by Janella
Thank you so much for the compliment! It means alot.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:44 am
by Fatal_S
Awesome. I'm excited to get to know you all. I do still seem to have moderator powers of some sort (post approvals at least), so I'll try to be careful not to touch much while getting used to the forum again.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:14 am
by StaceyLeigh
Yes, us "old schoolers" need to start spending more time on here! There is a wealth of info! I browse here quite often, but don't post a lot, not like before.

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:17 am
by Fatal_S
Hey, I never agreed to be an old-schooler! I'm hip and with it :D Good to see you here!

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:10 am
by StaceyLeigh
:lol: sorry, I'm definitely an old schooler! I agree you are much more hip than I. Although I do know what Discord is, only because I have college age kids :lol:

Re: Hello Friends. It's been a while.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:09 am
by splashy07
"Hip" and "With it" ............ old school expressions
Y'all qualify
Hey Stacey what is discord? hahaaa