Page 1 of 1

Bonding with BTS

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:00 pm
by LittleMutz
I’ve had my northern blue tongue skink for a month now. I have pet him a few times and picked him up maybe 3 times. The third time he almost bit me so I’m pretty shook. Every single time I’ve pet him, he hisses. I do feed him with tongs and spoons. His enclosure is in my living room so it’s a common area with 2 kids and other guests. He does come out of his hiding spot often and spends a lot of time exploring his enclosure. I’m just concerned with bonding. I don’t want him to hate me. How can I build a bond? How long does it usually take? I’ve seen online how it takes usually 2 weeks so I’m concerned. Hopefully he’s just a late bloomer. He’s 4 months old now.

Re: Bonding with BTS

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:00 am
by splashy07
Four months old is still pretty young. And, some reptiles simply don't like to be 'pet'. You can try just picking him up and holding him for a bit, offering treats, letting him know you are not a threat. Just remember, reptiles are not puppies.