My skink just died and i don't know what happened

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
august
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

My skink just died and i don't know what happened

Postby august » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Hey guys.

My blue tongue skink died today and I just wanted to know what could have happened
He was a 4-year-old northern blue tongue named charlie and everything seemed fine with him.
I have had him since he was 4 months old and he has always been underweight and had a hard time eating even though I usually offer food 1-2 times a week mostly once a week cause he never ate much when I offered it more often.
The normal temperature was about 40 degrees on his basking spot and 30 degrees on the cold side.
He didn't have mouth rot there is no sign of that at all.
He was really underweight and barely ate in the last 2 weeks maybe one or two bites at most.
I never really supplemented with calcium but I always fed him omni gold which has calcium in it.

Could I have done something to have prevented this or was it a natural death?

Rest In Peace buddy I am really gonna miss you I will reunite with you someday.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: My skink just died and i don't know what happened

Postby Janella » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:00 pm

Hi there and first I am very sorry for your loss of Charlie. Are you sure it was a Northern? If so, where did you get it from? What was your :shock: :shock: husbandry? Since you noticed your skink was off, I would have suggested a vet visit. Hard saying exactly what happened but the vet could have run tests to see. Again, I apologize for your loss.
kandon4321
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: My skink just died and i don't know what happened

Postby kandon4321 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:26 am

I agree with jenalla about seeing professionals if there is a concern but I know that its hard to come by them. It could have been a number of things like respiratory infection, or a Parasite but those both need certain testing im happy to explain home way to check so you know for in the future.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”