How do blueys show they want to get out?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Claudia&Louie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How do blueys show they want to get out?

Postby Claudia&Louie » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:01 am

Most of the time I don't take my bluey out of his tank, but he doesn't do a whole lot, he mostly just sits, explores his tank, or sleeps. I haven't had him for a long time, so he still doesn't like the process of being taken out of his tank (which I try to do as gently and politely as possible), but I never know when he's bored or when he wants to get out of his tank. Are there signs or routines/schedules you use? Should I be taking him out and handling him every day? Every week?

He's bruminating now, but I also bought him some car toys (the little wiffle balls with bells inside) that I hope will help, and another cat toy with a bell and feather on the end of a string that I saw a BTS playing with in a video one time.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”