Page 1 of 1
Bluey and Red Foot Tortie...
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm
by AneesasMuse
I have a young'ish Red Foot rescue... Joob... and she has free range of "her" garden in the back. Once I get my little Bluey kidlet, will it be okay to let them hang out together back there? The Bluey will be supervised at first... 'til s/he gets about a foot or so.. but after that, will it be okay to just let them do their thing in the same 20' x 8' space?
It's planted especially for "Edible" purposes... complete with a swimming pool and basking areas, too.
Thanks!
~Aminah
P.s. I'm gettin' a Bluey!!

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:07 pm
by Shellyjean
Well I don't know about any of that stuff of putting them together, I wouldn't see why not unless it's an attack tortie, lol.
What I REALLY want to know is WHAT bluey, WHEN??? Can't wait for pics!
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:58 pm
by Blotch
I wouldn't.
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:14 pm
by evil pixie
It's never really a good idea to mix reptiles, ya never know. I used to work at a place that had a red-footed tort., every once in a while we'd feed him a mouse.... that was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen

, but he at every bit of that mouse. So i guess the moral of the story is to never assume.
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:40 pm
by LittleFoot
I wouldn't, I have seen several red-foots come through my friends tort rescue and they have nipped at her iguana who was sunning himself...IMO, I would never mix species, there is just too many different variables.
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:04 am
by AneesasMuse
Thanks Everyone! This is exactly why I asked here.
I'm not an advocate for mixing species... not at all... but I wanted to be sure. They will each have their own allotted time in the garden, then.
Btw, I don't feed Joob mice or very much in the way of meat, at all. When I was asked to intervene, she was ONLY eating dead goldfish and dead waxworms... the smell alone was GROSS. She gets the occasional silkie and I give her a high quality kibble (rehydrated) once a week... otherwise, she's a veggie fruit head
~Aminah