Page 1 of 1
get this
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:28 pm
by suez
just sitting in living room with my new mate loui he was sitting still watching me watching tv. my husband handed me a yogurt one of those muller corner things.before i knew it loui's tounge is in ther loving it.we laughed and laughed he was even trying to bite the carton. then i stopped to think i hope this can not hurt him what do you think i didn't let him have loads of the stuff just a few licks
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:30 pm
by Omega
haha, ninja skink! Dunno if yogurt would be dangerous or not, good story though =) I would have laughed too.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:34 pm
by wastedindustry
I would imagine that yoghurt probably isn't particularly good for skinks, since by their very nature (being reptiles) they will never have a requirement to drink milk or be able to digest lactose.
So my guess is that they're probably lactose intolerant.
All of this is pretty much conjecture though

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:34 am
by Zach
Some speculate that a little yogurt here and there can actually be beneficial...
Wouldn't give it regularly though, but he's in no danger.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:42 am
by Lucifer_Spades
I had a similar experiance with Quigly and cottage cheese. he nipped a bit, I was worried for a day and when he didn't keel over I stopped. He absoloutly loved it though.
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:48 pm
by suez
Zach wrote:Some speculate that a little yogurt here and there can actually be beneficial...
Wouldn't give it regularly though, but he's in no danger.

i'm so glad i was worried i was going to make him ill. hes fine and dandy though no probs at all i may give him the occasional lick now and again now i know it can't hurt him but only on special occasions.he's a great guy i want to save more now ive got the bluey bug. thanks for the replies to all Suez
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:12 pm
by KyleWeiss
Yogurt is fairly easily digestible in it's nature, as compared to cheese and milk directly. I think making it a regular inclusion to a diet isn't a good idea, but once in a while I think isn't terrible, either.
KW