Page 1 of 1

Skinkcam

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:30 pm
by Hijinks
I work at one of those project-oriented jobs where you can wait days for someone to finish a task, before you are able to do your own work.

I spent most of Friday and all of today watching my baby skink via webcam. It's awesome to see what they are up to when they think nobody's watching.

"YAWN. I grow tired of this scene."
Image


Ping takes it upon himself to do some re-arranging of the furniture.
Image


"WHEN YOU GET HOME," he channels to me, "I RE-ARRANGE YOUR FACE."
Image


With the heavy lifting complete, he strikes a regal pose.
Image


...and then takes a dive head-first into the substrate.
Image


"Ping like rock. PING EAT ROCK."
Image

At this point the neighbors must have cranked up the bass to induce a state of ROCKIN' OUT.
Image

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:09 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
Wow, thats really awesome. Just like camera traps.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 pm
by mewzic-7123
AWSOME! just AWSOME

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:47 pm
by LittleFoot
That is really cool. Nice job :)

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:05 pm
by russman
sooooo.. what's the link to the webcam?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:53 pm
by Zach
I RE-ARRANGE YOUR FACE!

:lol:

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:31 pm
by evil pixie
ha that's awesome! i love his name too!

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 am
by Leigh
Ithought the name was cool as well, are you a golfer by any chance?

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 am
by DeadEye
Zach wrote:I RE-ARRANGE YOUR FACE!

:lol:


lol zack i have a 2 channel camera closed circuit watching up my street , flashes between coffin cheaters and a schizo ...Ya cant see it tiny wee thing , He goes off the deep end alot ..
cool skink cam :shock:

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:30 am
by Hijinks
Thanks, everyone. 8)

"Ping" is actually a Chinese name that I've just always liked. It is unisex so I don't have to change it if he is a she. It's also a computer term, and I am a professional nerd, so... :whistle:

Without fail, he's out and about within minutes of the basking light coming on:
Image

Skink drink!!
Image

ANOTHER YAWN IMMORTALIZED ON DIGITAL FILM
Image

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:02 am
by Zach
:2thumbs:

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:48 am
by Leigh
In that first one it looks like he wakes up and come s to check if the cameras still there,he's thinking"Whens the rest of the Big Brother house mates due"

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:54 am
by Jenn
:rofl: Those are great!

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:38 pm
by Dragontears
I find it highly entertaining that he tried to eat his basking rock. :lol:

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:11 pm
by MartinsPerson
Dragontears wrote:I find it highly entertaining that he tried to eat his basking rock. :lol:


At least he is ambitious....