Page 1 of 1
Ok Aussies....
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:44 am
by kris21
I've read the caresheet about feeding but when it came to the kinds of greens to feed i got lost. We don't call them that or have them varieties here so just wondering what kind of greens do other aussies feed their skinks?
Thanks,
Kris
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:57 am
by Richard.C
hi kris,i find the same probs with the different greens,we do get some of those in aus though,anyways to answer your question,greens wise,just try a wide variety,each bluey is different to what they like and dont like,variety is good though,try a base of like the frozen mixed veg,eg corn carrot peas and beans,and u can add a little pal or chum to it and also alot of other fruits and more so vegies,main thing is add variety and see what each particular one seems to enjoy
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:26 am
by kris21
I did do the whole beans, corn and carrot thing with the cat food and they do it eat it but when i get to the stage of not blending it up i wanted to know what greens to buy thats all. I know lettuce isn't good but what about spinach? is that good for them?
Things like buk choy, parsley, are always in my supermarket so are those good or not?
Thanks Richard,
Kris
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:04 am
by Geoff Gates
kris21 wrote:I did do the whole beans, corn and carrot thing with the cat food and they do it eat it but when i get to the stage of not blending it up i wanted to know what greens to buy thats all. I know lettuce isn't good but what about spinach? is that good for them?
Things like buk choy, parsley, are always in my supermarket so are those good or not?
Thanks Richard,
Kris
Kris,
For veges try;
brochili (steamed), beans (both raw and steamed), peas (raw or steamed), potato & pumpkin (steamed), zuccini, capsicum, tomato (though tomato is really a fruit). If they do not eat the vegies smear them with dog/cat food.
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:54 am
by DeadEye
Stuff mine love !1-
meal worms , chiken egg yoke
2-3 bean mix
-red lettace
-purple cabbace
-green lettace
-tomato,s
-mango
-apple
-rock melon
alot of meat cooked
-green cabbage
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:40 pm
by kris21
Ahh thats more like it, an aussie list where i know what every single item is, lol.
Thanks guys for your help, i'll write that down. Nice looking shingle there too.
Kris
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:19 am
by Leigh
That shingle's certainly filling his tail with that lot, is that a rescue Ian?
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:59 am
by KyleWeiss
I see "Capsicum," mentioned, isn't that a chilli pepper plant? Do you feed the leaves or the peppers themselves?
KW
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:34 pm
by Geoff Gates
KyleWeiss wrote:I see "Capsicum," mentioned, isn't that a chilli pepper plant? Do you feed the leaves or the peppers themselves?
KW
KW,
correct. I give them small amounts of the red ones.
I think you guys call them 'bell peppers'?
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:00 am
by Leigh
We call those sweet or salad peppers Geoff, the chilli's are smaller kinda carrot shaped
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:24 am
by Zach
Yep, bell peppers here. I gave Peach some green pieces just yesterday with Jen....(martinsPerson)
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:07 am
by Jenn
I'm trying to grown the greens ones in my garden but they are the one thing thats really not growing. I'm kind of upset because those are one of the thinks I would share with the blueys!
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:18 am
by DeadEye
No a baby Liegh - /Gee that poor soul is eating that the rats got sheesh i need a person to take him . as he cant go back to the wild . Ive got a few with no legs and damaged . They live out there days out on the back lawn in summer ,Honey never ended up using that back leg , spinal damage ...So you have to put a towel over your shoulder and let her poop down you , cause she cant lift up she wont poo...thats dedication getting pooed on every 3rd day
