Page 1 of 1
Is Kabluey bored?
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:10 am
by DJ-Studd
Hi,
our Blue Tongue (Kabluey!) goes mental in his tank. See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljliEYlcLQ
Is he getting bored? The tank is 4 foot long. I will admit, there isn't much for him to do. What easy things can we do to make it more interesting for him?
Oh, and is he an Eastern bluey?
Cheers!
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:34 am
by Funda
My 6 month old blueys do this too.
I think they do it because they can see the outside of the tank and want to get out...
thats why im planning to but a background behind it.
But it can possibly be that he wants out.
Maybe take him out once in a while, or whenever you have the time too.
I have Easterns and your bluey doesnt look like a eastern.
I would say your one looks much like an Indo.
I'd say this because of its colours, black legs and patterns.

f.C
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:21 am
by kris21
Yep, if my bluey can see me it looks like he is trying to get out and open the door himself so i silde the door open and he climbs into the palm of my hand instantly so i reckon they just wanna come spend some time with us is all
Kris
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:57 am
by DJ-Studd
Alrighties, cool
We let him out as much as we can, but we've got a cat so he can't have free roam of the house. And he has so much energy! He just goes crazy when you have him out!
I love the looks of the Western blueys. I think that's what we'll be getting next. We've got a 3' or so tank sitting empty... hmm.
Cheers!
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:19 am
by Funda
No problem.
Well where ever you leave him always make sure to supervise,
because you never know what can go wrong.
He might even find a place to hide and you will concider him as lost.
And im sure you dont want that to happen
Also if letting him out inside is a problem, maybe go outside with him.
They like walking through the grass and searching for some bugs!

f.C
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:38 pm
by LittleFoot
LittleFoot used to do this alot, but then I started adding more things in his tank and now he cruises around climbing over and through some fake vines that are suction cuped to the side of the tank and this huge fake purple flower. I would try adding a couple of things to his tank and changing it around every couple of weeks to keep things interesting for him.
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:53 pm
by KyleWeiss

Kabluey...

Great name.
KW
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:54 am
by Leigh

Thay love to come out and about, let them have some fun in the sun, It'll be good for his physical and mental health, can't see anything on youtube ,so can you post

on here please, that way we can all have a go at "Guess the Bluey"
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:04 pm
by Zach
KyleWeiss wrote::rofl: Kabluey...

Great name.
KW
Agreed!
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:51 am
by KyleWeiss
Someone needs to start naming their blues after cheeses... like "Stilton..." "...Roquefort..." That'd be creative.
KW
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:00 am
by Leigh
KyleWeiss wrote:Someone needs to start naming their blues after cheeses... like "Stilton..." "...Roquefort..." That'd be creative.
KW
You can start the trend Kyle, which one you calling MOULDY

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:49 pm
by KyleWeiss
Since I'm probably not going to own more than one skink, I doubt that trend will go very far.
KW
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:52 pm
by BlueyBoy
Ivew had some really odd skink names but they always stick.
Sausage Girl
Don Henley
Sammy Skink
Spunky Sebastian Kanoo
Huckleberry Blue
am I leaving out anyone?
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm
by Zach
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:14 pm
by Zach
BlueyBoy wrote:Ivew had some really odd skink names but they always stick.
Sausage Girl
Don Henley
Sammy Skink
Spunky Sebastian Kanoo
Huckleberry Blue
am I leaving out anyone?
Huckleberry Blue is one of my most favorite (or favorististis) names of all time.
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:15 pm
by BlueyBoy
KyleWeiss wrote:Since I'm probably not going to own more than one skink, I doubt that trend will go very far.

KW
Denial

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:28 pm
by KyleWeiss
Denial is one thing, requisitioning space in another dimension in a small living situation might be another...
KW