Page 1 of 1

BTS on display at the American Museum of Natural History

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:44 pm
by Hijinks
There was a reptile exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History last year. I just dug up this picture of the BTS they had. Interesting color, right? This lighting is bad, but he really was sort of pinkish/cream colored. The poor guy didn't really have anywhere to burrow or hide, but I guess that was the point.

Image

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 pm
by Zach
Neat!

Looks a little like Pearl..

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:13 am
by Leigh
So is that a northern, or one of those Kimberley types, or am I way off?

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 pm
by KyleWeiss
Zach wrote:Neat!

Looks a little like Pearl..


My exact first thought when I saw the picture.

KW

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:10 pm
by Lucifer_Spades
Zach wrote:Neat!

Looks a little like Pearl..


'Cept this one has a full tail so Madam Pearl has more character. :D

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:37 pm
by SkinkysMom
Leigh wrote:So is that a northern, or one of those Kimberley types, or am I way off?


It's a northern.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:08 am
by KyleWeiss
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Kimberley, but it has a sandy pattern in comparison to others Northerns.

KW

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:21 pm
by Jenn
I wonder how old he is?

picture

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:59 pm
by aggiegirl
We went to the Austin Zoo and they had a Northern there too. I don't know why I didn't take a picture---oh yeah, I guess it is because I was herding 5 kids. Anyhow, it's head was huge like Slurpy's and its colors over the top were almost unpigmented or salmon colored. It was like someone had erased the color from its top. Very unusual. I haven't seen one like it before. Like this poor guy, the one at our zoo didn't have much of a set up either. Guess showing them off is more of a priority... :roll:

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:51 am
by Jenn
The DC zoo had a bluey and my students were always so funny when they went because they thought it was Frankie's brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle...