Page 1 of 1

He's a boy!

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Ok,
I don't know why, but over the last couple of days, I've been noticing lots of stuff on the forum about sperm plugs, and people wondering about the gender of their BTS's . So here's what happened today: My Chuffer expelled his sperm plugs when he pooped in the yard, so I know he's definitly a boy! (WOHOO!) :banana:
These were definite plugs, not urates! (We had to go somewhere, so any pics taken right now would be of dried out sperm plugs on a white paper towel, but I did save 'em, much to Tony's disgust! :lol: )
So my question is, as I don't think I'm the only person noticing this of late, is it possibly the "season" for skinks in the Northern Hemisphere right now to be thinking about mating? I noticed on the website, that it said they tend to do spermplugs in the winter, and as its high summer here on the north half of the planet, maybe they're still keyed into Southern Half time and are getting ready?
Also, anyone have a pretty Merauke female out there that they wanna try with my Chuff? Bam chicka chicka Waaah waaahhh! Lets start some Indos breeding! :lovers:
Saille

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:19 am
by Leigh
Dont know about you, but summer here is as cold if not colder than winter down under, bloody weather.

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:00 pm
by bluecheezytree
now you know what color to paint the skink room!!! :hehe:

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:28 am
by bluetonguemad
lol, that like the saying 'new zealand summer is pretty much new zealand winter hahaha'
we should see if that is the case, their temporal, biological clocks are still likely to be set on monthly not seasonal in that case