long over-due pictures

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

long over-due pictures

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Most of my skink tanks needed a good cleaning, so I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures of my crew.

First up: Mamma!

I don't care if my cage is all clean now...I like this pillow case better!
Image

her cleaned up place:
Image

inspection...(and her contribution - a big huge poo!)
Image

Next up is Sprout's new digs:
Image

Sprout is shedding and currently in "ghost mode" so he promptly hid in his new tank:
Image

But freshly poured water always makes him come out to inspect the quality:
Image

busted before he can hide again:
Image

Here's Nona's new climbing area:
Image

He is one with the log:
Image

Awww:
Image

He is quite the poser:
Image

Image

Styx has a gigantic log:
Image

Styx likes his gigantic log:
Image

Styx is quite the poser too:
Image

Image

...and he's always willing to give a little tongue:
Image

and just to prove that I can take more under-tongue shots than Zach can :hehe: :
Image

Last, but not least, we have Kei Kei. She didn't get her tank thoroughly cleaned and re-arranged, but she came out to say hi anyway:

What's all this fuss out here?
Image

you want pictures? This is my better side:
Image

I posed for you, now I expect food:
Image

Maybe if I add a little tongue?
Image

What!?! No food! I'm leaving!
Image
User avatar
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:04 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW, Australia

Postby Lisa » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:23 pm

:doh: I put the washing out, had brekky, read the local paper, had a shower and came back .... and only the first 11 pictures showed up! The rest were red x's! Dial up sucks :evil:

Definately waaaay overdue, Renee! I love the first one, and Sprout looks so olde worlde with no colour!! Nona and the log look very cosy together :wink:

You take brilliant photos, I really wish you'd post some more often.
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
User avatar
mom22wins
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Country:
Location: Pasadena, MD
Contact:

Postby mom22wins » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Very cool pic's!!
User avatar
aggiegirl
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:19 pm
Country:

red xs

Postby aggiegirl » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:38 pm

I loved the first half dozen pictures. The rest were big bad red "x"s here too. I have dial up too. It stinks!
Thanks for sharing pictures of your cuties!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:39 pm

The all loaded for me but it did take a while and I don't have dial up!!! They were well worth the wait! They all look great! Baylee loves the water too. He's one of the only skinks that doesn't run for cover when I make it "rain" in the pit. Kei Kei looks awfully nice for a Kei! What's her temperment like? I think my favorite picture is the one with Sprout giving you the evil eye from behind his bushes.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Phantom
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:39 pm
Country:
Location: Near Chicago

Postby Phantom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:07 pm

What kind is the one in the third pic? I love that one
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Mama is a Merauke.
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Even if Sprout has just had a drink and he knows that the water is fine, all I have to do is top the water off and he'll come back to inspect in and take a few sips. Silly lizard.

Kei Kei is inconsistent in her temperment. She never flares or attempts to bite, but she can huff up a storm if she wants to! :shock: She eats from my hand if I offer grapes or blueberries, but otherwise prefers me to close the door before she'll eat off her plate. Overall, she is calm and quiet, but if she doesnt' want to be bothered she is squirmy and huffy. I'd actually put her temperment above Sprout at this point, although he never tries to bite either, he's just quicker to twist around and hide.
User avatar
mewzic-7123
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:27 pm
Country:
Location: B.C Canada

Postby mewzic-7123 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:21 pm

nice photos, your cage looks nice too!
User avatar
kris21
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:59 am
Country:
Location: Australia

Postby kris21 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Awesome pics!
They all worked for me so im lucky i guess.
You sure have a lot of skinks, a lot of beautiful skinks i mean.
User avatar
DixieDiana
Whistling Dixie
Whistling Dixie
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:04 pm
Country:
Location: Central Virginia

Postby DixieDiana » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:49 pm

Great Pictures Renee!
They all look fantastic and happy.
I am so glad that Kei Kei is with you...she is one lucky girl!!
:blueyprint: Precious Dixie Diana :blueyprint:
Dec. 23, 1998 - April 26, 2006
If love could have saved you,
you would have lived forever!
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:03 pm

Phantom wrote:What kind is the one in the third pic? I love that one


As Jenn already said, that's my big Mamma the Merauke. She was my first. :love:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:04 pm

DixieDiana wrote:Great Pictures Renee!
They all look fantastic and happy.
I am so glad that Kei Kei is with you...she is one lucky girl!!


:blush: I'm so glad I have her! She has been a wonderful addition to my crew!
User avatar
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
Country:
Location: CT

Postby Jenn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:12 pm

Have Kei Kei and Sprout met each other?
1.0 Northerns Christopher


:blueyprint:
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:31 pm

not officially. They live right next to each other so I'm assuming they can smell each other .... I'm not sure what pheremones they release, but I'm sure they are aware that the other exists. They've been out at the same time, but not really allowed to interact much. To be honest, I've just been putting it off. One or the other will be shedding or it's time for a meal or something always comes up to make me think "it's not the right time" and then life gets in the way and I forget for another week that I was even planning on putting them together. I'll get there eventually, I've just been really busy and stressed lately.

The only reason I had time to clean out their tanks and take/post so many pictures is actually because I stayed home sick on Friday. :oops:
User avatar
Funda
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:35 am
Country:
Location: Australia: Victoria/Melbourne
Contact:

Postby Funda » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 pm

GREAT PICTURES MATE!
They all look so good.
Love the tongue shots!
Great work :thumbs:


:blueyprint: f.C
*1 Dog, mitsy
*1 Cockatiel, Baylee
*2 Kittens, Lucky and Cuddles
*2 Eastern BTS, Saphia and Eragon.
*f.C Photography
*I love Cengiz, my love muffin!
User avatar
PICJESS
Chunka Burnin Love
Chunka Burnin Love
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:06 pm
Country:
Location: Seffner, FL
Contact:

Postby PICJESS » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:40 am

You always take such good shots, I really enjoy looking at your pics! :) All of your babies have such unique facial expressions....i love it! I think Big Momma and Chunka would be good girlfriends...lol
Jess
2 Gigas : Mr. Booger and Chunka
2 Cats : Storm and Cali
1 Mutt : Jetta (black pointer mix)
1 husband : Rock <3
1 baby girl : Daisy <3
User avatar
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:06 am
Country:
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Postby Dragontears » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 am

Thanks!

I've always thought that Chunka and Mamma should meet. Although, I don't think Mamma has ever met another bluey bigger than her, so I think she'd be a bit confused for a while. :lol:
User avatar
LittleFoot
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm
Country:
Location: NE Pennsy

Postby LittleFoot » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:54 am

Beautiful pics.
Pippi
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda
Posts: 5015
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 am
Country:

Postby KyleWeiss » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:49 am

Might I add every time there's a DT picture post, her animals and cages ALWAYS look so clean? Mentioned or not? :lol:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 252 guests