Page 1 of 1

Special Delivery

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:18 am
by JWSR
Doorbell rings at 9:45 A.M. Hey, it's from Zach! :D
Image
Time to play "Find the Skink." :chin:
Image
I'll bet she's in this bag. :pray:
Image
Peek a boo! :yes!:
Image
Wow, Zach ships them pre-tamed! :yikes:
Image
Bindi, a.k.a. Shelly is in the house! :spot:
Image
"Ain't I purrrrrdy?! :edward:
Image

Zach really needs to be commended for the care and personal interaction he puts into giving these beautiful animals good homes. I've had a lot of reptiles shipped to me over many years. This, however, is the very first time I've reached into the shipping container (bag), and instead of being bitten (snakes) or hufuffed or hissed at, this little girl actually crawled right up onto my hand, sat there calm, and looked at me. Not a single huff! She actually didn't want to get off my hand when I went to place her in the cage.

So, to you Zach, a big THANK YOU for a very beautiful animal with an absolutely great personality! You've done a marvelous job with these babies. I can see why you love Slurpy and Sassy like you do. If this little girl is any reflection of her parents, you truly do have two special (not Eugene special) :wink: skinks.

Stay tuned, definitely more pics to come. BTW, her 65 gal permanent home, like Irwins', should be here early next week.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
by russman
Bindi eh? Sounds like we have a Irwin family fanatic! She's beautiful, Jerry! I hope we keep in contact and watch each other's siblings grow!

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:33 am
by SailleSkinklover
What a beautiful girl! So you're going to call her Bindi? :)
Now I really want one of Zach's babies! I keep hearing/seeing the stories and :cloud9: (sigh) they're so cute!

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:55 am
by mom22wins
What a pretty little girl! My Sammy's name was almost Bindi but it reminded me too much of Bindi Irwin and it made me sad.

Anyway, so glad she made it. And so quickly!

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:57 am
by Drew
sigh.. i just wish Zach would ship here

pretty pretty babies!!!

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:22 am
by russman
SailleSkinklover wrote:What a beautiful girl! So you're going to call her Bindi? :)
Now I really want one of Zach's babies! I keep hearing/seeing the stories and :cloud9: (sigh) they're so cute!


Well, there's still 2 left! Rudy and Bungee want to come home with you.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:22 am
by eloc
That is sooooo cool!! Congratulations!! Great Pictures!!!
I can't wait until we get our baby...hopefully next week.
Maybe I am dense....but how do they not suffocate being shipped like that??

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:23 am
by russman
They are shipped in pretty breathable packaging. The box isn't taped completely, and cardboard is breathable too.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:36 am
by Zach
Woohoo!

Glad she was tame for you...

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:45 am
by KyleWeiss
What'd you pack her in, Zach, chesthair? What is that stuff? :hehe:

KW

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:09 pm
by JWSR
KyleWeiss wrote:What'd you pack her in, Zach, chesthair? What is that stuff? :hehe:

KW

:rofl:

Kyle, If you're ever out walking and notice some men behind you wearing white coats, and carrying big butterfly nets, just pay them no mind. They're just trying to do their job. :roll: :)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:34 pm
by Marie
KyleWeiss wrote:What'd you pack her in, Zach, chesthair? What is that stuff? :hehe:

KW


:rofl: That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time. Am I remembering correctly that at one time there was a thread about Zach being hairy?

Back on topic, your baby is sooo adorable. I can't wait to see pictures of her as she grows.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm
by Jenn
Congratultions!!! She looks great.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:46 pm
by JWSR
Thank you everyone for your comments. I think the real credit for this batch of babies goes to Slurpy and Sassy. :) Great job guys! :D

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:54 pm
by LittleFoot
congrats on the new little one, she is adorable.

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:44 pm
by AneesasMuse
There is NO DENYING who's kid that is... although very adorable, really... Bindi has her father's noggin, no doubts about that! :lol:

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:46 pm
by Funda
Wow, Bindi is very beautiful!!
Hope u have great fun with her :D

:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:12 am
by Zach
JWSR wrote:Thank you everyone for your comments. I think the real credit for this batch of babies goes to Slurpy and Sassy. :) Great job guys! :D



:rofl:

That's hilarious! Yep, Slurpy is a stud! He had lunch outside in the grass today; such a hard life.