Page 1 of 1

Growth Comparison

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:25 pm
by JWSR
While getting Bindi's starting statistics this morning, I thought I would do a comparison based on a 9.5 week age difference between her and Irwin. So I took Irwin's stats again this morning. Both skinks were about the same age when I received them, and fairly close to the same measurments. For those still interested in growth rates, Irwin is 15 weeks old today. Bindi is 5 1/2 weeks. I'm interested in seeing what Bindi's stats will be in 9 1/2 weeks when she is 15 weeks old. I'll be feeding the same varied meals to each, splitting the batch between them. This should show me some metabolism differences between the Northern and the Irian Jaya.

Here's a couple shots from today in the measurment tub.

Irwin: 15 weeks today weight: 225 gr. Length: 13.61"
Image
Bindi 5.5 weeks old. Weight: 70 gr. Length: 9.15"
Image

I just love to watch them grow! :)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:24 pm
by mewzic-7123
wow irwins HUGE! my wiomi is one year old and he just got 15 inches, how do you get the string to stick?

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:34 pm
by JWSR
Hi mewzic,

That's a screenshot of SnakeMeasurer freeware. No string used. Just download this free software. It's great, and easy to use, especially for snakes. All you need is a camera.

http://serpwidgets.com/Apps/measure.html

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:13 pm
by Drew
nice to see an awesome growth on bith!
Irwins really pretty

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:40 am
by kris21
Haha your baby Bindi is bigger than my 6 month old!
He is an Eastern.

Kristy

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 am
by AndrewSeike
Great pics Jerry! Thanks for the update. Keep documenting their growth and weight. I'd like to talk to you about this shortly.

best regards,

Andrew

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:13 am
by JWSR
Thanks Andrew, feel free to pm or email me any time.