Billy Not Eating!!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Scott Stewart
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm
- Country:
Billy Not Eating!!
hiya ive had billy for 2 years now and never had any trouble with him
he's very friendly and just a great character to have around im always looking at him and laughing..
anyways im having an unusual problem(im sure you hear that all the time)
but ive left it as long as i can because he has had his little spells of this before but this is diffrent
he just wont eat anything he wont even look at his food..
ive tried lots ive ..left it longer inbetween feeds to see if i can encourage him to eat..ive tried diffrent foods/fruits..ive mixed then all togther and nothing *shrugs* the few times that he does go over to his dish he has like one mouth full then leaves it
its got to the point im putting fresh food in there everyday just so if he does get an appetite theres something there
he drinks very regulary
but at the moment im just throwing food out please can somebody help me on this matter
his day temps vary from 35-39 C in the basking area
also he seems to be coming out at night and sleeping through the day other times ive seen him in the morning sleeping out of his hide before i turn the daylights on
is billy sick???
he's very friendly and just a great character to have around im always looking at him and laughing..
anyways im having an unusual problem(im sure you hear that all the time)
but ive left it as long as i can because he has had his little spells of this before but this is diffrent
he just wont eat anything he wont even look at his food..
ive tried lots ive ..left it longer inbetween feeds to see if i can encourage him to eat..ive tried diffrent foods/fruits..ive mixed then all togther and nothing *shrugs* the few times that he does go over to his dish he has like one mouth full then leaves it
its got to the point im putting fresh food in there everyday just so if he does get an appetite theres something there
he drinks very regulary
but at the moment im just throwing food out please can somebody help me on this matter
his day temps vary from 35-39 C in the basking area
also he seems to be coming out at night and sleeping through the day other times ive seen him in the morning sleeping out of his hide before i turn the daylights on
is billy sick???
- Jenn
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 7:23 am
- Country:
- Location: CT
- SailleSkinklover
- Bluey Fanatic

- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Everett WA
- Contact:
Is he appearing to lose weight?
You might want to have a Herp vet check him for parasites: have the vet do a fecal exam.
Also, do you take him to the vet for check ups, so you have a "base" health to go from?
I do know that when I got my guy, I took him to the vet right away, even though he was improving healthwise with me. I found out he had parasites, for which I was given medication to give to him. I also had to give daily baths and cage cleaning.
I have heard that sometimes crickets can carry pinworms, and my vet said that snails can occasionally carry parasites as well.
Also, is it getting near hibrination time where you live?
You might want to have a Herp vet check him for parasites: have the vet do a fecal exam.
Also, do you take him to the vet for check ups, so you have a "base" health to go from?
I do know that when I got my guy, I took him to the vet right away, even though he was improving healthwise with me. I found out he had parasites, for which I was given medication to give to him. I also had to give daily baths and cage cleaning.
I have heard that sometimes crickets can carry pinworms, and my vet said that snails can occasionally carry parasites as well.
Also, is it getting near hibrination time where you live?
-
Scott Stewart
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm
- Country:
i'd say he hasent been eating for 2 weeks and when he eats eats like a mouthfull
id say there is about 2 weeks till his next shed
im located in the uk and its really hot here at the moment
he doesnt appear to have lost weight no
im going to have to play it by ear the rest of this week and keep you guys informed
id say there is about 2 weeks till his next shed
im located in the uk and its really hot here at the moment
he doesnt appear to have lost weight no
im going to have to play it by ear the rest of this week and keep you guys informed
- Zach
- Grand Cicada

- Posts: 7550
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Orygun
- Contact:
-
Scott Stewart
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm
- Country:
i have a 4 foot viv cool end on the left with his water and hot end on right with his basking rock/cave/hide
his temps are around 40 c in the day at the hot end
however yes my viv is near the window but its the only place i can put him as there are no more plugs in the living room
but in saying that he was near a window in my last house with no problems and he ate fine
he is on the floor and the window is above him
he currently is sleeping in his hide with the daylights on as we speak i bet it will get too hot for him soon so as soon as he comes out when he is ready ill try feeding him then while his body is hot ill keep you informed

his temps are around 40 c in the day at the hot end
however yes my viv is near the window but its the only place i can put him as there are no more plugs in the living room
but in saying that he was near a window in my last house with no problems and he ate fine
he is on the floor and the window is above him
he currently is sleeping in his hide with the daylights on as we speak i bet it will get too hot for him soon so as soon as he comes out when he is ready ill try feeding him then while his body is hot ill keep you informed
-
Scott Stewart
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm
- Country:
-
JWSR
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Henderson, Kentucky
- kvega92
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
-
Scott Stewart
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm
- Country:
- Drew
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:03 pm
- Country:
- Location: Philippines
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
- SailleSkinklover
- Bluey Fanatic

- Posts: 2160
- Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Everett WA
- Contact:
Chuff's appetite is diminishing a little as well lately. I figured its because of the days getting shorter, and we just moved, and life has been a little disrupted. He sees the vet for his parasite check up on the 8th, and he's been pooping and peeing regularly, though not as much or as big. It might be a good thing, as the vet had said he looked gassy and bloated in his lower intestinal area when he examined Chuff's xrays.
He farted the other day when I had him outside, as he was peeing and passing a urate, and he looks less bloated than he did, but still OK.
I know this is weird, but has anybody else ever heard their skinks fart?
Chuff's done it like three times, and I know its silly, but I giggle every time.
Lizard farts!
He farted the other day when I had him outside, as he was peeing and passing a urate, and he looks less bloated than he did, but still OK.
I know this is weird, but has anybody else ever heard their skinks fart?
Chuff's done it like three times, and I know its silly, but I giggle every time.
Lizard farts!

- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
- SkinkysMom
- Righteous Rex

- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 am
- Country:
- Location: Fl
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
Ok.. I've posted this elsewhere, but since this thread is active, I thought I would ask for advice here.
My little Tuck isn't eating. Today he had like 2 bites because I hand fed him (seems the only way he'll eat). Other than that he hasn't eaten since Saturday. He is so small, he MUST need the nourishment. I've tried feeding him in the evening and morning, tried earthworms, all kinds of greens, tomatoes, grapes, kiwi, and cat food. He just won't eat! I'm kinda gettin scared.
My little Tuck isn't eating. Today he had like 2 bites because I hand fed him (seems the only way he'll eat). Other than that he hasn't eaten since Saturday. He is so small, he MUST need the nourishment. I've tried feeding him in the evening and morning, tried earthworms, all kinds of greens, tomatoes, grapes, kiwi, and cat food. He just won't eat! I'm kinda gettin scared.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 215 guests

