Is anyone looking for a project?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
Is anyone looking for a project?
I'm not sure if I should be posting this in classifieds or not but I have been looking for the perfect tank for my soon to be BTS and am not having a lot of luck. The petco tanks weren't right they were too high and not deep enough. Is anyone interested in building an enclosure or selling me an old one? Ive tried craigslist and the closest thing Ive found that would be good is 7 hours away in Buffalo NY. I have aim or you can PM me.
-B
-B
- mom22wins
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Pasadena, MD
- Contact:
How much are you looking to spend? I know of several online stores that build cages. I bought one recently from one. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-REPTILE-CAGES- ... otohosting
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
-
JWSR
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Henderson, Kentucky
What's wrong with the simple, basic sliding glass front from here? Go down the list to this.........."65 Gal. Granite Acrylic." It's only $150, and shipping is 20 something. The top (18" x 48") for it, at the second link, is only $18.99. The enclosure is light weight, easy to clean, and perfect size. And, it doesn't hold bacteria like the jointed areas of wood.
Enclosure: http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=6
Top: http://www.reptilesource.com/?covers%7C ... ough%20Top
Enclosure: http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=6
Top: http://www.reptilesource.com/?covers%7C ... ough%20Top
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
Hey before you go and buy from glasscages, member DianaDixie has those same 65gal cages listed on the classifieds for cheaper, PLUS you get all the good stuff that comes in the cages like fake plants, a huge water dish, logs, basking rock, lights, background. It's an awesome deal for only $125 a cage with everything in it. They are located in Virginia. I would look up the classified ad and give them a buzz. I got two from them and I'm really thankful!
-
JWSR
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Henderson, Kentucky
-
lmb02
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:08 pm
- Country:
- Location: Austin, Texas
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.
Russman- I live in Boston, MA and I would love to get one from DixieDiana but it is a 12 hour drive. If you can hook me please let me know. Thank you!
JWSR- My plan was to go get a 40gallon breeder from a Petco 45 minutes away and then pick up one from glass cages at a show because I thought shipping would be ridiculous. If it is only 20 I can live with that. Thanks for help!
LMB- I haven't tried posting on craigslist but I checked every day and in all neighboring states. The closest I found was 7 hours away in buffalo
Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it!
Russman- I live in Boston, MA and I would love to get one from DixieDiana but it is a 12 hour drive. If you can hook me please let me know. Thank you!
JWSR- My plan was to go get a 40gallon breeder from a Petco 45 minutes away and then pick up one from glass cages at a show because I thought shipping would be ridiculous. If it is only 20 I can live with that. Thanks for help!
LMB- I haven't tried posting on craigslist but I checked every day and in all neighboring states. The closest I found was 7 hours away in buffalo
Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it!
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
Ok, so I found a starter tank it is 36x18x16. Now I need to find a top for it, I found one on the site posted in this thread but I'm not sure it will fit, the description says,
ESU Reptile Tough-Top Screen Cover (medium mesh) 18" x 36" - 50 GAL ***.
Does anyone know if that is the right size for the tank? If not does anyone know a good place to get one?
-B
ESU Reptile Tough-Top Screen Cover (medium mesh) 18" x 36" - 50 GAL ***.
Does anyone know if that is the right size for the tank? If not does anyone know a good place to get one?
-B
-
JWSR
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Henderson, Kentucky
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
JWSR wrote:The gallons stated doesn't matter. If your tank is 18"deep x 36" long it will fit. A regular size tank with those dimensions would also be taller, holding about 50 gal. Whereas a breeder is shorter with a lot of surface area. The top is right for your tank.
Awesome JWSR thank you for all the help.
-B
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
- russman
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 557
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Russell, PA USA
- kvega92
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 am
- Country:
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
For further reference if you post what you want on craigs list anyone who has it will email you. I got a great fish tank like that. It is too bad you do not live by Dixie Diana I got two cages from her with the works. Before my skink use to hide all day since the new setup he is a changed skink LOL
Love till the ends of your fingertips.
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
Yeah its too bad those tanks are a GREAT deal! I did ok though, I'm paying 35 dollars for a 100 gallon 48x24x20 tank. Now I just need to get the stuff for the cage tomorrow, lights, substrate, hiding logs all that good stuff and I should be good to go in a few days.
-B
Thanks to everyone who has helped, you guys are the best!
-B
Thanks to everyone who has helped, you guys are the best!
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
-
JWSR
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: Henderson, Kentucky
-
B3N
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 38
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Boston
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 165 guests


