Page 1 of 1
ANAHEIM REPTILE SHOW - Update
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:48 am
by AndrewSeike
HI BTS.NET PEEPS,
I'll be taking a trip down to Anaheim to visit the NARBC show this coming Sept 8th. I won't be there Sunday but I will be there all day Saturday.
If anyone is going please let me know. I'd love to hang out and talk bts or reptiles with you. If you want my 2 cents on many of these animals at the show I'd be glad to give you an old timer perspective of the entire thing.
I can also bring down some albino scincoides for you to see as well.
Best regards,
Andrew
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:27 am
by SailleSkinklover
I have a vet appointment on the 8th for my Chuff, otherwise I'd love to have been able to go! (Another roadtrip will just have to wait, darn it!)Please let me know if they have any of those jet black melanistic Blueys or any Shinglebacks! Have fun!
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:01 pm
by Zbiz
Andrew you never told me you have Albino scincoides! Thats something I have to see. *cough* Send me pictures...*cough* LOL
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:36 pm
by AndrewSeike
LOL
I know I'm just kidding about the albinos. It must've been a dream because I'm awake now and I don't see any albinos in my collection. Sigh.
=)
So anyone going to Anaheim?
Andrew
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:37 pm
by AndrewSeike
SailleSkinklover wrote:I have a vet appointment on the 8th for my Chuff, otherwise I'd love to have been able to go! (Another roadtrip will just have to wait, darn it!)Please let me know if they have any of those jet black melanistic Blueys or any Shinglebacks! Have fun!
You got it Saille!
I just have to let you know that the black melanistic blueys are in Australia so we'll never get them unless they change their laws.
Andrew
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:18 am
by Funda
Have a great time there mate!

f.C
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:32 pm
by SailleSkinklover
Or unless someone happens to get a lucky mutation int he gene pool here in the states!!!
(Maybe I need to move Down Under???)
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:13 pm
by NomadOfTheHills
Ill be at the Hamburg show instead, seeing as I'm on the east coast lol...
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:25 pm
by Zach
AndrewSeike wrote:LOL
I know I'm just kidding about the albinos. It must've been a dream because I'm awake now and I don't see any albinos in my collection. Sigh.
=)
So anyone going to Anaheim?
Andrew
GEEZ!

i am going to be there ...
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:41 am
by megaabel
Hello Andrew!
I emailed you yesterday and I was maybe going to call you today.
I am going to Anaheim on Sat. cause I want to be part of the skink world:)
I really want a baby tanimbar!
I been recommended to get a Northern to begin.. but I like a challenge and besides I think Tanimbars (silvers) are beautiful.
Either way... I am not 100% opposed to anything else.
I was told you are the right guy to see at the show.. but I don't think you'll be there for sales? right? Anyway... nice to see you here.. I visited your site yesterday and I was really impressed!
BEautiful!
Thanks and let me know if we can meet at the show!
Abel

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:31 pm
by Phantom
I heard Nigel Marvin is going to be at the show! XD
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:56 am
by AndrewSeike
The Anaheim show was nice but was full of cresteds, balls and leos. Still it was worth the life given up driving for what seemed like days to attend the show.
Nigel Marvin was a very cool, laid back guy - got his autograph and took a picture with him.
I did a lot of talking that day with many famous herpetolgists and found that several vendors knew about me as well. I was surprised to be recognized here and there by some of the old timers in the business.
Allen Repashy, Kevin Dunne, Phillipe de Vosjoli and Jeff Lem were just a few people I spoke to that day.
But the tiliqua represented there was close to non-existent.
Pictures forth coming of the show shortly
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:57 am
by AndrewSeike
Hi Abel,
I was looking for you but your number was "restricted" and I have no way of contacting you once you got to the show.
There's always next year,
Andrew